• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Looking for someone to take over my Reversed Campaign Project

So last year Oktober I got the idea to make a Reversed Edition of the original campaigns.
The concept is simple; whatever the player usually controls in the mission is now AI-controlled and whatever is normally the quest objective/main enemy force of the mission is now controlled by the player instead, but with quirks that make it interesting and don't bent the story too far from the original.

Some random examples/concepts:

Defense of Strahnbrad
You play as Mathog the Slavemaster and must crush Strahnbrad's militia force and capture at least 30 villagers by ensnaring them with either Raiders or Mathog himself. Arthas and his army will move through the map and your goal is to capture 30 villagers before Arthas arrives at the town. Then you must hold out in the final area against Arthas and survive until all 30 villagers are off the map (they move out in pairs every 5-8 sec or so). An alternative end cinematic and reward will be given in the next mission if you manage to kill Arthas instead.

Blackrock and Roll
You play as the blackrock orc base, which wont be under attack, but Arthas periodically sends kill-squads to kill the Blademaster (which you dont control). Goal is to train units to defend the Blademaster until all the sacrifices are performed. A forest troll warlord will be your hero. The player can stay for the final battle or end the mission via a dialogue screen. If he chooses to keep playing, he gains some doomguard as reward for the sacrifices and gets to fight an epic battle. Again, if the player manages to kill Uther, Arthas and destroy the human base, you get an alternative ending cinematic and a bonus reward for the next mission.

Ravages of the Plague
You play as Kel'thuzad and his necromancer lackeys. Your goal is to bring Kel'thuzad to 4 different grain fields and protect him from waves of guards and militia while he plagues the grain. At each plagued grainfield will spawn an infected Granary with 100/100 points of mana (which represents the infected grain). Ghouls can right-click the Granaries to carry 25 Mana (Infected Grain) and need to bring it back to the end of the mission to ship it to Andorhal. Meanwhile, Arthas is mobilizing and coming to stop you. Mal'ganis can be asked to call down an Infernal Meteor to destroy the bridge along the King's road to give you more time (same bridge as is destroyed in the original). Ship a total of 250 plagued grain (mana) to Andorhal before Arthas destroys the Granaries and you win, or again choose to stay via dialogue button. Kel'thuzad leaves the map and you get an elite Abomination. Kill Arthas and Jaina and you get alternative cinematic + bonus reward next mission. (you get it by now.)

Key of the Three Moons (random example)
You play as high elves defending the altars from the scourge for as long as possible. Each time they acquire a new piece of the key you lose the previous base and gain control of the next. The longer you delay the scourge, the more defensive forces the base has accumulated during the time it was neutral/AI-controlled. Defeat idk 300 Undead on normal and 500 on hard to pass the mission, even tho you lose, kill at least that much undead and you win. If you manage to amass a force big enough and destroy the undead base by attacking through the same Gateways they use to reach you, you get alternative cinematic + bonus reward next mission.

Progress:
So far I've recreated like 4/9 of the original Scourge of Lordaeron missions from scratch with enhanced and more spacious terrain in SD graphics, each between 75-100% finished. I've also concepted quirks that make the missions unique and interesting from the enemies' perspective and parts of the missions are triggered.

I want to continue concepting these reverse missions and be involved in the making, but I want someone else to take the lead. It's too much for me and I dont have the dedication to actually finish them. However, I will gladly help on the terrain and provide mission ideas/creative input/voice-acting/ect.

Here's some screenshots of my terrain:
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png

unknown.png
unknown.png

Level 21
Good terrain. I'd love to take a look at it but I can only do that up to patch 1.31; unless there's some program that can allow me to open the maps on lower versions of the game...
Assuming that you're on a Reforged patch.

I can write JASS AI scripts for the computer players and handle triggers and handle the balancing etc...
I kind of suck at making very good terrain so if you provide me with the terrain and details for stuff I would like to attempt to help you finish this.
It will take time plus I don't have very much time as well but it would be great to team up!

PS: you don't have to fully do 100% of the terrain but a giving me a good base terrain to work with will be ideal.

Level 16
Just a few words of encouragement, as I really liked your project. I found it pretty cool. It reminded me an old campaign playing as Undead during the events of Scourge of Lordaeron.

I have myself difficulties to work on my own projects, so I can't really help you, but I would love to see someone keeping this project alive!