• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Making the Wc3 campaign missions into a TD map

What kind of play should the map be?

• Single player

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Co-operative

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Versus mode (one player defends, other sends creeps)

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Co-op Versus mode

• Other (please post down below)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hello everyone,
You guys probably all know the warcraft 3 campaigns in the game. IMO, The missions are fun to play the first time, but they are either too easy for pro players, or just get boring if you play them multiple times. That's why i got the idea to remake the campaign missions into TD maps.
:goblin_jawdrop:
Features:
-Follow the story of warcraft 3
-All missions are TDs, with a variety of objectives to keep the game fun
-Five difficulties, each for a different skill level: Casual, Normal, Hard, Brutal and Inferno. Newer players won't be too challenged, and pro players won't be bored.
-All the heroes from the campaign, with new cool abilities
-Lots of different towers for each race
-Possibility for Co-op and Versus mode (one player defends, other sends creeps)
-Buy upgrades for towers and special items/other stuff in between missions with 2nd resource (lumber)
-And much more! (can't think of them now XD)

I will need some help with the following:
-Making the models for some towers and units/heroes
-Triggering/Coding all towers, spawns and stuff
-Testers for the map (later on)
-Some of the terraining

And Please answer some of these questions:
-Should the game be single player, Co-op, Versus mode (one player defends, other sends creeps), or a mix between these?
-Reign of Chaos and Frozen Throne, both on the same map or both on different maps? (i think starting with only RoC is best, and when the map's successful also make FT.)

If you have any ideas for the following, post them!
-The heroes' stats and abilities in the campaign and towers for all the races, including the naga and draenei from FT and ideas for the gameplay of each mission (just tell me the mission name, the original mission from the campaign, objectives and special features). I could do all this stuff myself, but i want to have you guys help out :p
-A name for the map
-Any other suggestions are very welcome!
:ogre_datass:

Level 6
It could be hard to make some of the missions into TD's, but with certain missions, for example the Siege of Dalaran, instead of the undead, you could control the Kirin Tor defending Dalaran, and the mission states: Survive for X minutes, or kill X undead and such. Something like that could also be done for the Thrall mission :)

Level 6
As Hera noticed, making a TD of the very first orc mission is extremely hard, so we'll just tell it as part of the story and make the first mission the rescue of Grom. Here's my design for the first mission. (if anyone has an idea to make that very first mission a TD, tell me :p)

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    243.1 KB · Views: 99
Status
Not open for further replies.