• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Roundabout TD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi. I am making a tower defense which has only 4 builders, 4 spawns, 8 players, but complete customizability for each builder. The builders start out with only the ability to build but based on the builder chosen you get different possible abilities which you can purchase. Below are my current descriptions of each builder:

Enchanter - Buffs specific towers and units with spells.
Commander - Provides auras to nearby towers and units.
Engineer - Builds strong towers.
General - Recruits powerful units.

Here's the niche - the map is 8 players but there are only 4 spawns meaning the two players for each circular path after the spawns must work together. After the spawned units pass around one circle they are teleported to the next players circle, slowed down, and have their armor reduced. This happens until the units have passed all 4 circles (and 8 players) then the remaining units are teleported to the final path which leads to the "engineering team" which they have to defend. The players each have one "final defense" tower near the engineers which they can upgrade to cover any leaks while the engineering team develops the final weapon which will lead to their victory.

The basic layout of the map:
sy7ejm.jpg

Last edited:
Level 1
Tasks to be Completed
-------------------------------------
90% - Terrain
1. Spawns - Complete
2. Unit Pick Area - Complete
3. Ending Town - 5%
4. Extra Doodads - 10%
0% - Triggers
1. Builder Picking - 0%
2. Spawn Pathing - 0%
3. Ability Purchasing - 0%
4. Wave Spawning - 0%
5. Computer AI - 0%
6. Final Area Cinematic - 0%
15% - Units
1. Builders - 80%
2. Waves - 5%
3. Buildings - 15%

If you want a copy of my current progress on the map or any details about the above tasks send me a message.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.