• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Overall Progress:

Triggers: |||||||||| 70% Done
Terrain: |||||||||| 30% Done
Units: |||||||||| 0% Done
Spells: |||||||||| 0% Done
Heroes: |||||||||| 20% Done
Towers: |||||||||| 0% Done
Design: |||||||||| 70% Done

Overall: |||||||||| 30% Done

Greetings everyone!

I just started playing/mapping <acronym title="Warcraft 3">wc3</acronym> again after about a five year break. I am looking to start a team to make a new high quality map (details below). If you are interested post here or email me at [email protected].

What I can do:

Terrain: 4/5
Modeling: 0/5
Triggering: 2/5
Coding: 0/5
Unit editing and balancing: 5/5
Making fun maps: 5/5
Writing: 5/5

I am looking for 3-8 people to help me create a new map. The new map will be a Tower Defense Map. Here are some details:

Black and White TD:

Have you ever played Ikaruga? Well, borrowing from that idea there will be black and white towers and enemies. Black towers will only deal 50% damage to white enemies and vice versa. There will be 2-4 teams made up of 2-3 people each. Each person will maze, and in addition to this each person will have access to other options. At the beginning of each round each player will fight in an arena to earn as much gold as possible (possibly with their team, maybe solo). This gold can then be used in three ways: To build more towers, to send units, or to add buffs.

Sending units: Each player will have the option to spend gold to send custom made units. Color (black or white), armor, hitpoints, flying/ground, abilities, etc, will all cost a predetermined amount of gold. Each player will be able to send one wave of enemies each turn. (Another possibility will be to have the option to build a tower each turn in a designated area that will keep producing the same unit each turn, so your old units are still active ala sprout td).

Building towers: Basic TD but with the strategy of making opponents adjust to your color strategy when they send units. Towers will be unique and highly balanced.

Buffing Units: There will also be the option to buy mass buffs to buff a round of creeps to make opponents job harder, or to buff the creeps they send at you to make killing them easier.

This will be a competitive team TD that has very balanced units and towers. This will make for high re-playability with unique game play each time through.

If you are interested in starting this project please let me know. I am ego free and just looking to make a fun high quality map.

Positions:

Lead Design: Tjdrake719

Lead Trigger/Coder: Elmo
Trigger/Coder 1: Mister Chocolate

JASS:

Lead Terrain:
Terrain1: Tjdrake719

Lead Hero Design: Tjdrake719
Hero Spells: Mister Chocolate

Lead Unit Creator: Tjdrake719
UC1: Jelli3

Lead Misc.:

People can fill more than one position. Lead Trigger/Coder will need to submit a sample of work. Lead Coder will also be in charge of whether or not further coders are accepted, since they are likely to know more about the trade than I do. I hope to create this map in about 3-6 months, and I want it to be one of the most fun, balanced, and repayable TDs around.

Last edited:
Level 4
That might be interesting

Sure, do you have any experience with modeling (we will only be using a few custom models for the heroes) or balancing...if not you can learn on the fly, no big deal. If you are really interested you are on the team.

Fiercy...I want to create something with lots of replayability, and RPGs generally dont fit that mold.

Still really need someone for complex triggers. If I have to I can do everything else but I have no JASS experience and only a little trigger experience.

Also, I will post a more fleshed out description of the gameplay soon once finals week ends.

Level 1
Here are my skills:

Triggering: 4/5
Unit editing and balancing: 2/5

PS: I know how to terrain but i don't like to ^^ hehe but I would really enjoy to enter your project.

Level 4
Update

Updated what this will be all about, still need someone to write JASS in the future, although the need is not immediate.

Last edited:
Level 4
Update once more:

Triggering and Unit creation phase is underway. I will need someone to create 3 custom heroes. I have all of their spells I want made (triggered of course), and if someone could find (and credit of course)/make 3 custom models or skins that would be neat. If you are interested in this, let me know and I can send you the details (rep and credit).

Also, basic terrain layout is almost done. In a few weeks, if someone wants to make the map look pretty feel free to volunteer.

Last edited:
Level 4
Here are my skills:

Triggering: 4/5
Unit editing and balancing: 2/5

PS: I know how to terrain but i don't like to ^^ hehe but I would really enjoy to enter your project.

I sent you a PM, let me know what you think.

Level 4
Hi there

Well, I will be one of the lead triggers/coders on this project, and I felt I should introduce myself :)

"Ohnoez the newbie is gonna do deh triggers"
Well, ye I'm new to the forums, but I've been doing triggers some time, so I know what I'm doing :)

Anyway I though I could post a status on my work.
I got finals this week so I don't know how long this will take :)

|||||||||| 70% Done

Last edited:
Level 4
We could still use a terrainer here in a little while, and if you want to help with the triggers be sure to PM Elmo or post here. If you are interested in joining in any other capacity, be sure to post here or PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.