• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Looking for a terrainer and trigger (helper)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
The plan is to make yet another god awful Naruto map. The difference is I want to base this off of the parts that make Naruto cool instead of focusing on force fitting everything into an AoS/Dota role.

The map will be Akatsuki invading Konoha (think Pein arc). Each side will start off with 6 spawning points and those spawning points send units to attack the nearest adjacent spawning point. If the spawning point is killed then it gains back all of its health and transfers to the team that killed it.

The main objective is to kill every spawn point.

Other little bits I plan on including are quests, a rank system to determine which quests you can do, an equipment system (so you can't wear 6 different helmets), duels (no exp gain, people can place bets) and many other aspects.

This is a hybrid between an AoS and a game like War of the Lost Kingdom. I plan on focusing on balance, overall epic battles, synergy, hero roles and themes, fun and moderate game times (no 12 hour long games, 1-1.5 hours max)

I was also thinking of adding something like a save/load system where it saves your rank and your rank just determines what kinds of missions you can accept.

Missions will probably go in these categories:

D-rank-Genin.
Complete 20 D-rank missions to become a chunin.
Missions that are used to train new players.
Example: Deny 5 creeps

C-rank-Chūnin
Complete 20 C-rank missions to become a experienced chunin.
Missions that are used to help players learn to micro better.
Example: Kill steal 5 enemy units.

B-rank-Experienced Chūnin
Complete 20 C-rank missions to become a Jōnin.
Missions that teach players to fight enemy heroes.
Example: Kill a hero using a spell

A-rank-Jōnin
Complete 20 C-rank missions to become a Kage/S-class Missing Shinobi.
Missions that teach players to become skillful.
Example: Kill a enemy hero without taking damage.

S-rank-Experienced Kage/S-class Missing Shinobi
Last class
Missions that are extremely hard.
Example: Kill 3 enemy heroes in 7 minutes without using spells.

For the terrainer I need someone who can make Konoha using custom models.

For the triggers I need someone to help, I'm just getting decent enough to start making important things (made a hero already) but sometimes I get stuck and need someone there as a fail safe net.

Level 3
I don't think so either. This site hates anime and most of the people who are decent at triggers are gone.

Level 3
another naruto map??? WTF... I also do not think that anyone would like to help you...

Mainly because Naruto has stigma here, it's become cool to hate anime at the hive which is a shame because you can do a lot with anime that you can't with demons and wizards.

Level 3
you can just make a map based on naruto but not a replica of the anime... anyway you can also try making your map by yourself...

There's a lot to do in a map and with m y skill level at triggers I could probably do most of it but there will be points where I'll have no clue what to do or how to do it.

Mainly because Naruto has stigma here, it's become cool to hate anime at the hive which is a shame because you can do a lot with anime that you can't with demons and wizards.

I would argue it the other way around. Wizards have magic. You can do anything with magic. When you make a map about anime you are strictly confined within the lines set by the anime. Or at least mappers appear to think this as all their maps come out looking like replicas in game form.
Most anime games come out looking like one of three maps. DoTA, Anime fight (hmm wonder why), or HvH. I have seen no exceptions to this.

Level 3
I would argue it the other way around. Wizards have magic. You can do anything with magic. When you make a map about anime you are strictly confined within the lines set by the anime. Or at least mappers appear to think this as all their maps come out looking like replicas in game form.
Most anime games come out looking like one of three maps. DoTA, Anime fight (hmm wonder why), or HvH. I have seen no exceptions to this.

And that's what I want to break. I want to take the feel of the mangas and implant them directly onto the characters, ditching the whole "a carry can't have 5 passives" stigma Dota has created and adapt the meta game to balance out the multi role heroes.

Add in a dash of rpg, ladder type ranking system you save/load, modes to enable and disable features such as "implant" abilities you can buy with class points earned from killing units, buildings and heroes. Quests give you multipliers to your class points earned for a duration plus a whole other load of features you can enable or disable and you'll have what we're aiming to do.

F*ck the boundaries forced on us by Dota purists, you can have a Tank-Carry and have them balanced if you change the meta game so it's not like Dota, for once.

Plus mine is more like War of the Lost Kingdoms meets Dota. Each side has 6 spawn points in Konoha and sends units to other spawn points. If a spawn point is destroyed it changes ownership and is fully healed. To defeat the enemy you need to control all 12 spawn points.

I want to make a game that is more concerned with being fun and fair then what a hero is supposed to do and I want to involve the potential fanbase in the making process. Probably with something like having a guest hero tavern where characters from other sources of media are added (4 heroes) and the community votes one out and the person with the highest score choses the next hero to be made.

Level 31
guys, seriously, give the guy a break

just because you don't like the genre dosn't mean other people won't, you don't necessarily have to actually like the game to play it.

i know some people who helped in doing triggers in dota (and obviously got no credit) who hate the game, and AOS's (since they didn't know it would become this popular), but still did it just to help.

Level 3
Well the map is in full swing now. It's not a typical AoS that's for sure. You have the basic principal which is the same (kill the enemy's buildings) but items (which is where I feel most AoS maps fail) are built more like Diablo 2 then Dota.

Couldn't find any decent terrainers so I'll do terrain on the side while Orbitz does triggers until the terrain is complete.

More people for triggers is always welcome though since some of the ideas I'm throwing around are well beyond my trigger skill level and Orbitz doing it alone isn't too much fun.

@ Big Dub

Problem is these systems are kinda complex and will take a while to set up especially since just for terrain I need to make the terrain look interesting but I still have to keep the 12 spawn points equal distance away. That's going to be a massive task given the complexity of the 12 paths I have to create and somehow intertwine it into Konoha's infrastructure.

I'll describe what's happening right now though.

Game has a save system to save your "rank points" which is just currency needed to buy special items like "implants" and consumable items that give moderate bonuses. Rank points are gained by killing enemy units and determine what missions you can take (to give small multiplier bonuses to your skill points).

Only the rank and skill points saves.

Item system works off of the concept that a human being can only wear one helmet, wear one chest plate and wear one pair of gloves. You upgrade your items over the course of the game to complete set armor and can customize your own weapons with different orb effects and such which are designed to be balanced in terms of what they do.

Quests basically teach people how to play an AoS. Last hit creeps, deny creeps etc until you're asked to start doing things like get 3 hero kills in a row and more advanced AoS concepts.

Status
Not open for further replies.