• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Want to commission someone to make Edited Orc faction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello everyone,

I'm a commissioner from Deviantart, and recently I've taken a liking to the Frostwolf clan, and their lore.

Because of that, I was wondering if anyone could make a edited Orc faction for me, one I can use in custom maps against AI.

The idea I had was basically the Frostwolves, with the changes being as following:

1) There are no barracks, but instead you can immediately build a beastiary from which you can build Grunts. Ofcourse you still need to have a stronghold to gain access to the other units, but you won't have access to windriders. This new Beastiary will have the same cost as the barracks. This means you will have less units available, but you will have stronger Raiders. See 2.
2) Raiders will automatically have the ensnare reasearched. And they can right click to set it to autocast. On autocast it will automatically be cast on flying units (unless ofcourse they are already ensnared, or being ensnared). Raiders will also benefit from the grunt's Berserker strength upgrade. Basically the Frostwolves focus heavily on combat with their mounted wolves.
3) All Orc units will be brown, like uncorrupted Frostwolf orcs.
4) Instead of 4 heroes, I wanted to create a new one that would combine the normal Far seer and the Blade master. He will have the best stats of both, as well as some decent strength, which will make him powerfull. But he compensates for having less choice in hero (basically the hero you will always want to have first). He is basically a brown Frostwolf orc with a white wolf pelt, and carrying an axe (I was thinking gorehowl? Or are there other axes/swords?). he will be riding a white wolf, with good speed like the Raiders (meant to assist them on hit and run attacks). He will have chain lighting, and Feral Spirit. However, instead of Far sight he would have critical strike. And his ultimate would be the Bladestorm. During bladestorm he would dismount and spin around with his axe. And afterwards he would be mounted again. He would also have the same Ensnare (automatic against air units, able to be toggled on and off) ability as the Raiders. You'd still have the Tauren chieftain and the Shadowhunter as the other 2 champions.
5) I was thinking about allowing batriders to also attack air units. I know this makes them very powerfull, but again they will not have Windriders and others units, so this will compensate for their lack of diversity. This last one is optional.

The rest of the faction stays the same. Could anyone make such a faction for me, which would then basically be called the Frostwolves and be a 5th faction, which I would then use against the AI? With a custom Durotan looking FrostWolf rider on a white wolf, with a white coat? (Maybe it would look better if his Wolf mount had a different color? I'm open for suggestions.

Could anyone make this for me? Or does anyone know who could make this for me? I'm willing to pay them for their efforts.

Last edited:
Level 12
You've collected and imagined all these ideas yourself already. Who'd better execute this techtree than yourself since someone might've misinterpeted something you said. Also, your request also sounds a little too much demanding as creating or even just editing a race is tiresome work. You can't just do all that willy-nilly because you have to consider the type of balance your applied changes could bring to the game. To be honest as an experienced tech-tree designer, your hero idea and the first tier-beastiary idea sounds pretty trashy for my taste. Yeah sure having less units in a race is one thing but making the few units you have left OP as fuck? That's a different story mate. Consider the abilities and the STATS you want units to have including the production costs, etc. Lastly I don't think you should offer payment for someone's services here on the hive cuz that's kind of some blackmarket shit going on and we don't want that now do we? :) I COULD do this for you as I already have a layout for each Orc Clan's statistics and units but this is a lot of work and will be tiresome plus I don't really have the time nor energy to do all that. Just here to hand out advice :) welp good luck on whatever your project is and I think if you want something done you better do it yourself because it feels way better playing on a map you made yourself rather than made by request.

Level 2
Hey man,

Thanks for all your tips. And I'm sorry if I came over as demanding or something. I sadly don't have much free time, and I'm really looking for someone who can make this for me.

I actually worked out some of the details myself a bit further, and I have a idea of what I want now. Sadly however, while I first had found someone who was willing to make it for me (and seeing as to how it would be a lot of work, as he proposed making the 5th faction for 7 maps, I did agree to compensate him), he sadly has family troubles, and can no longer make it.

I don't have the time to make it either, due to extra time I got on my job. And I just want to get back home, relax, and play this.

Perhaps you know of someone who could make this for me? Then I can send the updated information to him. It also does involve taking this model: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/durotan.268006/ for the Frostwolf chieftain champion (ofcourse, crediting the original designer), making him brown, adding a wolf under him (and make the wolf dissapear during the bladestorm ult), and maybe adding thralls lines. This will be a lot of work, I know, but I would really love to see a Frostwolf faction being made, which we could then also share with others.

Perhaps you know of some editors here who would be willing to make that for me?

Level 12
Well, I know a lot of people who aren't just good at what you're asking but frankly great. Maybe too great actually. The thing is, this is a crazy amount of work and it'll take some time, maybe a week or two depending on your devotion to it be more precise. But sorry man, I don't think anoyone would be up for the challenge as most of the people I know have their own bigger projects going down. Like I said, something this big of a request(actually this is more like a project) is better done yourself rather than by request. If you have enough free time to play a game, then you have enough free time to start a project. Don't be afraid to get down and dirty with World Editor as it's not that hard to learn, trust me :) just try it out and see where it might get you

Level 2
Well, I know a lot of people who aren't just good at what you're asking but frankly great. Maybe too great actually. The thing is, this is a crazy amount of work and it'll take some time, maybe a week or two depending on your devotion to it be more precise. But sorry man, I don't think anoyone would be up for the challenge as most of the people I know have their own bigger projects going down. Like I said, something this big of a request(actually this is more like a project) is better done yourself rather than by request. If you have enough free time to play a game, then you have enough free time to start a project. Don't be afraid to get down and dirty with World Editor as it's not that hard to learn, trust me :) just try it out and see where it might get you

Oh normally I would really agree with that :) But like I said, I will be busy the next couple of months. And this is kind of my own present to myself after finishing some projects I have.

Now I know what you are suggesting, and honestly it does sound great to one day try this myself :) But right now, I sadly just want to play the Frostwolf, even if I have to wait 2 weeks. And due to our family also having a new puppy (just a month now, while she is second handed, for the previous owner was not a good one. So a lot of work on her as well ^^;) I just want something to relax and play.

Like I said, I have no problem compensating anyone who could pick up this project for me, if he/she desires that. And it would really mean a lot if there is someone out there who could help me out with this :)

Level 2
We
Not to put to fine a point on it, but what kind of compensation are we talking about here?
Well I have commissioned artists in the past. And altough we can discuss the price in private, I have no problem paying anyone for their efforts. Like I said, I have very little time (we got ourself a nee puppy) but I have a steady income and I'd be more then happy to pay people for their troubles.

Status
Not open for further replies.