• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help pls?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello hive,

I following Milkshape Attachment Modeling
But i using Milkshape 1.8.4.
--------------------------

Well, it's not working.
I modify the .mdl file "Texture / white.blp" to "TEXTURENAME.blp", and it continues with the white texture inside the game.
Inside the WC3Vierwer the template works normally, and the paths are correct.
Problem Model.png Problem Model2.png

Does anyone know how to solve it?

Thanks advanced!

-------
Edit: I have problem on texture in game.
Edit[2]: Added img

Last edited:
Level 4
Ya, I used BLP LAB, but I could not get it to work. I am not able to make the texture that I create work when I play for warcraft 3, even changing everything need.
I asked someone to help me, and I made available almost everything that is needed (outside the colors) for a texture, I hope someone can help me.

Thanks for the answer!

Level 4
In game should work. But it turns white, the template, even I changing the white.blp to <taxturename>.blp

EDIT:
I'll try again later and I'll tell you anything.
At the moment I'm doing other things and I can not touch the train too much

Last edited:
Oh, that's the mistake, i guess. If it is a custom texture (made by you), simply right-click somewhere in the Texture Manager into the empty space. A menu will pop up, there you select the option Import Texture and select the one you want and press ok.
If it's an ingame texture, simply open the model in Magos, then open in the MPQ Browser, find the texture you want, right-click on it and select the option Use as Texture. ;)

Converting to .mdl and editing with notepad is a very backward way to change the texture path, just use Mdx Pather
Alternatively, if you want to use multiple textures in the same model, you can just make multiple materials in milkshape, and "comment" on each material the path like so:
"path:Textures\Doodads0.blp" (no quotes or spaces, use your actual texture path, Doodads0.blp is an example)
The .mdx exporter will then know what to do with the said texture and its path and it will work directly when you export it.

Level 4
It's good to know about this program. thx.
I have not done anything with the texture because I'm studying some tutorials on Zbrush and 3DSMax, proportion of human body and such...
So I say anything as soon as I make some progress with it.

Thx all

Status
Not open for further replies.