• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Error texture in game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi, hive

I posted a few days, in the modeling forum, but it seems that part is half dead, so I had to resort here in this part of the forum. Because I'm almost finishing my first modeling project and I still can not solve that problem.

I started modeling following the HappyTauren tutorial, using Milkshape. (My Milkshape is 1.8.4).

Well, it's not working.
I modify the .mdl file "Texture/white.blp" to "TEXTURENAME.blp", and it continues with the white texture inside the game.
Inside the WC3Vierwer the template works normally, and the paths are correct.
problem-model-png.278174
problem-model2-png.278175

Does anyone know how to solve it?

Thanks advanded!

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Is the texture a custom texture? Try using one extracted from Warcraft III that is known to work until it appears visually as intended to rule out a bad conversion.

Many model previewers have inaccurate blend logic or do not obey model logic properly. Convert the model to mdl (text form) and check that the materials and textures are setup and used in a similar way to a working model from Warcraft III.

Level 4
Yes, this is Custom Texture. It seems that the extracted warcraft 3 models function normally, it should be the texture I made, do have any custom texture tutorials?
Because the links have in the tutorial are giving error.
HappyTauren said:
4. Now, the only thing that the model lacks is a suitable texture. To read some tutorials, follow those links:
-(THW) 2D Art Tutorials ...

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Does it work with in game textures? If so then try converting your texture with Imperial BLP (bit buggy but for 32bit RGBA png->JPEG content BLP it works great) or a modern BLP converter (made after 2015).

BLP Lab will also work, but requires that the mipmap number is explicitly entered to be greater than the correct amount due to bad mipmap logic.

Level 4
Well, nothing. It's still blank.
Does the model need to be 100% ?? (He is even finished, the first part of it, but ..)
Because a face error is also occurring.
In Wc3Viewer it logs normal, already in World Editor it has holes (no faces).

Level 4
There is a square in the middle of the walls which is a window, but the rest is getting so (with holes). I did not see problems at the time of modeling, I did the same way I did the rails, and they are working.

(Image: In game and In Milkshape)
Problem with MODEL.jpg

Level 4
Well one thing I noticed when trying to make my own model was that wc3 does not support squares. You need to break down each square into triangles.
Yes, it is divided into triangles, but I am trying to use fewer possible vertices to avoid being too heavy, since there will still be other parts and some small details

Most triangles are only visible from one direction
So I'll have more work than I imagined, i converted face for "top" and don't have "holes" now. thx.
TrainNow.png (dont have BLACK faces now)

And the custom texture? I've already converted using Imperial, from jpeg / bmp to blp, but it does not seem to work yet.
The background color I'm using for texture is white, that makes it transparent on wc3, right? Or is it black?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
The background color I'm using for texture is white, that makes it transparent on wc3, right? Or is it black?
That just makes it white or black. An alpha value of 0 is needed to be transparent. Alpha is component number 4 in 4 component RGBA colour.

How one makes this depends on the art program.

Last edited:
Level 4
How one makes this depends on the art program.
i'm using Photoshop CS6, but I do not see A in the program. RGB only.
Would I have to use some extension for this?

I apologize for the delayed response

Taking advantage of the subject on modeling,
I found this when updating the template in WE, after trying to reduce its size to the maximum I could.
Error WE Why it.png
Why does it happen?

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Status
Not open for further replies.