• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Import] HELP! I am working at big project but i have problems with a lot of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I am using the building (Techtree) for upgrades and also create own custom upgrades but i can do only a few talents by using Techtree and custom upgrades... Also i never worked with scripts, Gui or even with Events (With events just a little bit)

Also.. I created a spell to raise dead army from corpses and want to use a talent that change the spell from raise army to raise 1 big unit. I put 5 levels on the skill, from 1 to 4 it summon army and level 5 the big one unit, but dont know how to do it with the talent. I used the *Techtree* for that, and put the skill to need *Techtree* talent. But it reques it for all levels, i can't make it for level 5 only. Any suggestions???

P.S Thanks to everyone who gonna read this and try to help me with that.

Level 4
I am using the building (Techtree) for upgrades and also create own custom upgrades but i can do only a few talents by using Techtree and custom upgrades... Also i never worked with scripts, Gui or even with Events (With events just a little bit)

Also.. I created a spell to raise dead army from corpses and want to use a talent that change the spell from raise army to raise 1 big unit. I put 5 levels on the skill, from 1 to 4 it summon army and level 5 the big one unit, but dont know how to do it with the talent. I used the *Techtree* for that, and put the skill to need *Techtree* talent. But it reques it for all levels, i can't make it for level 5 only. Any suggestions???

P.S Thanks to everyone who gonna read this and try to help me with that.

Only to get this clear, you want a spell that raises multible units from a corpse from level 1-4 and a single one at level 5, triggered by an upgrade?

Only to get this clear, you want a spell that raises multible units from a corpse from level 1-4 and a single one at level 5, triggered by an upgrade?
It sounds like you could just use the normal "raise dead" spell from the undead, change the max level of it and necromancer adapt training to 5 and change the summoned unit to the one you want.
I read that you want to use the "necromancer adapt training" just the last level, Im not sure how the level is supposed to change from 1-4. Is it a hero or do you have somekinda other talent that you can buy for it?

Level 6

It sounds like you could just use the normal "raise dead" spell from the undead, change the max level of it and necromancer adapt training to 5 and change the summoned unit to the one you want.
I read that you want to use the "necromancer adapt training" just the last level, Im not sure how the level is supposed to change from 1-4. Is it a hero or do you have somekinda other talent that you can buy for it?
Nono listen. My hero is Death knight, his ultimate is *raise ded* (summon undead army) i want to make a talent tree like in orc gladiator, you get point, then you can use it to upgrade abillity. The upgrade abillity (Talent) i want to have/use is to make the ultimate *raise dead* to summon 1 big unit instead of army. I got the big unit but dont know how to change the spell from summon army to summon golem. I want to do it by upgrade (talent) not by just making 1 more level of the skill and instead of army summon big unit. Thats easy but thats not what i want, i want to make it by upgrade/talent so u can have different playstyle everygame. And Ty.

Level 39
You will need to create an identical version of the raise dead ability except with level 5 summoning the big unit, then use Engineering Upgrade to morph the old ability into the new one when the talent is researched. Unfortunately for you, both disabling EU and making it require the tech as a techtree requirement don't actually stop it from functioning so the EU ability will need to be leveled up for all player-owned Death Knights when the talent is researched. Fortunately for you this means you can keep the ability disabled the entire time and it still works, so it won't show on the command card or hero skills card (it can also be a unit ability but it really doesn't matter here)

Here is a tutorial on how to set up EU: Engineering Upgrade
Here is a tutorial on what leaks are (yes, you do need to fix leaks in your triggers, don't just ignore this because it looks complicated): Memory Leaks
Here are the triggers you'll need:

• Events
    • Time - Elapsed game-time is 0.50 seconds //better than "map initialization" event
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Player Group - Pick every player in (All Players) and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Player - Disable YOUR_EU_ABILITY for (Picked Player)
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Finishes research
  • Conditions
    • (Researched tech-type) Equal to YOUR_TALENT
  • Actions
    • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true //this cleans a group leak in the Unit Group - Pick line below, type it exactly as I wrote it up to the //, which starts the comment I'm typing now
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by (Owner of (Triggering Unit)) Matching (Unit-type of (Matching Unit) equal to Death Knight) and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Unit - Set level of Engineering Upgrade for (Picked unit) to 2
If more Death Knights can be created during the course of the game, you will need this trigger too to set their EU level properly:
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit enters (playable map area)
  • Conditions
    • (Unit-type of (Triggering Unit)) equal to Death Knight
    • (Max research level of YOUR_TALENT for (Owner of (Triggering Unit))) Equal to 1
  • Actions
    • Unit - Set level of Engineering Upgrade for (Triggering Unit) to 2

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.