• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help with big bad voodoo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
First of all im not a native speaker, so im sorry if my english isn't very good
Ok so the thing is that i want a base big bad ability just with changed duration and cooldown, but i have 2 problems:
1)
If i change level requirement from lvl6 to lvl1, the spell stop working well, invulneravility just starts to flash(like 1 second vulnerable, 1 second invulnerable, and so untill the spell duration expires), when i put the requirement back to lvl 6 spell works like it should, but i want my hero with this skill as baseline.

2)
I dont know how to get rid off the natural dispell on allies of the ability, the hero in question is a support and has a modified frost armor and this link ability that shares damage received between allies, but when i use big bad vodoo both of this buffs are dispelled from affected allies

Level 13
Unfortunately, that is a hard-coded thing that can't be removed.
You could, however, achieve similar results with different abilities, like the item ability "scroll of protection."
You could set the armor bonus to +1000 or so, which basically makes everything affected invulnerable to attacks (but not spells.)

Since this is some kind of support hero, I recommend looking into these item abilities.
They can be easily converted into Hero abilities.
You could also use "Battle Roar" with health regen and +armor, or "Arcane Scroll" for flat AoE healing and armor.

Level 12
2)
I dont know how to get rid off the natural dispell on allies of the ability, the hero in question is a support and has a modified frost armor and this link ability that shares damage received between allies, but when i use big bad vodoo both of this buffs are dispelled from affected allies
I'd wager that this is simply because those buff abilities don't have "invulnerable" on their target list.

Add both "invulnerable" and "vulnerable" to every buff spell, heals, and so on that you would want to use on allied units.

The same thing happens with Divine Shield for example, quite annoying when I'm playing some custom hero map and all of a sudden my bloodlust, inner fire, etc. gets removed because I turn my hero invulnerable with Divine Shield.

Status
Not open for further replies.