• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Big Bad Vodoo Dummy Bugs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
I use the spell Infernal.
It summons a "Big Bad Vodoo Dummy Caster" at target position.
The summoned unit casts "Darkness" (Big Bad vodoo)

I have this trigger:

• Big Bad Vodoo Dummy Caster
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters (Playable map area)
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Darkness (Dummy caster)
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Orc Shadow Hunter - Big Bad Voodoo
The summoned unit casts Big Bad Vodoo, but no matter what I set the Area of effect to, it only effect units that stands exactly near the dummy-caster.

What is it that I am doing wrong?

Level 18
Okay...
Happened to me too and made a thread on it a long time ago.
Instead of area of effect set the cast range of the spell to what you want the AoE to be.
Yes it doesn't make sense, but it worked for me :/

Big Bad Voodoo has those weird effects when given to structures or normal units...

Level 18
Worked for me ;)

On some units it would otherwise (with Area of Effect) only work on units standing inside the unit (probably it uses the standard 0 cast range).
And for structures it had another weird effect: Units going Invulnerable and Vulnerable again every second (well here I don't know why).

I suppose you will have to use cast range only when it's a spell given to a non-hero.
Don't ask me why it has to be like that... :p

For my own map I was trying to make a ward with a custom Big Bad Voodoo and got stuck here too.

Looked through my old threads and here it is: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/world-editor-help-zone-98/big-bad-evil-voodoo-problem-121344/
ap0calypse helped me solve the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.