• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Help with Spell (Arcessere arma)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I was playing Castlevania Lord of Shaodow 2 and meet there Brotherhood Cleric, he was channeling ability:
"Arcessere armas - shielding warriors in an invulnerable golden aura. Can be ended by attacking the Cleric." When warriors attacked they don't lose HP.

Is it possible to make something in Warcraft 3? For Example we take Big Bad Vodoo spell and when hero casting this spell he will raise armor and maybe magic resist (if possible) to maximum for all player owned units around channeling hero? In other words make them invulnerable but targetable.

Please help how to do that.

Level 5
I'll see what I can do, it is very possible.

Depends on how you want it made, do you know what a damage detection system is?
Otherwise I can just do what you asked with raising armor and magic resist.

Well I want see all possible variants which you can offer.

Damage system? I think I don't know what do you mean.

Solu9
????????????

If you want them to still be attackable but just invulnerable, it's a bit annoying: the normal way would be to set up a damage detection system and have it prevent all damage to the units you specify (probably specified via giving them a buff).

True, but I was looking at this sentence:

"Arcessere armas - shielding warriors in an invulnerable golden aura. Can be ended by attacking the Cleric." When warriors attacked they don't lose HP.

And that is kinda achieved :)

Level 5
If you want them to still be attackable but just invulnerable, it's a bit annoying: the normal way would be to set up a damage detection system and have it prevent all damage to the units you specify (probably specified via giving them a buff).

Do you have idea how to do that? First of all I wanted to make this spell mass and channeling like Big Bad Vodoo.
1. We need this buff which should give maximum defense, magic resist, evasion (maybe, if possible) or just damage system that's prevent all damage to the units.
2. When Cleric starts spell, player owned units around him get this buff. They have this buff, while cleric channeling and units with buff must not leave area around cleric, for example 2000. If cleric stop channeling or they leave area around him the buff will disappear.

I don't have idea how to make this buff and maybe know a bit about second part, but still need your guys help.

Solu9
I've specially added 2 sentence for people like you.
"When warriors attacked they don't lose HP" and "In other words make them invulnerable but targetable."

And if I even do that how I must make deshield system? Set variable = shielded unit and when cleric attacked remove shield from variable? Well if this will work, I don't understand will it work correctly if I have like 5 clerics and 5 shielded warriors? + Warriors should not go far away from cleric or spell well interrupted. (Because this can be very imba, making units invulnerable and sending them to enemy base)

Level 40
Make any ability which gives a buff to everyone nearby while channeling with no actual effect. If you can't find one, just create an ability based off channel, add a dummy aura to the hero when they start channeling, and remove it when they finish. This takes care of the buff.

Then implement a damage detection system in your map, such as this one.

Then register a damage event. The condition should be that the unit has the buff which makes them invulnerable. In the actions, add to the unit's max life equal to the damage dealt. After a 0.00 second timer (to let the damage resolve), remove the extra max life.

Level 5
Make any ability which gives a buff to everyone nearby while channeling with no actual effect.
If I only could make Bid Bad Voodoo not make units invulnerable, don't remember other channel abilities, which gives buff. I guess I should make my own channel ability with buff or make aura, which will affect only on my units, not ally's.

I'll try to make as you say, but I think it's gonna be hard, I am very novice in triggers.

Level 5
Thank you very much, thats right what I was looking for. I guess I would not do it my self.
Gonna ecnhance spell with custom effects.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.