• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Big Bad Voodoo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hello !
I have a big problem, so a big thank you to one who will find the answer.
Here I want to create a custom skill from an existing skill.
The skill is "Big Bad Voodoo": it is the ultimate skill of the hero "Shadow Hunter". This skill makes them invulnerable allies units.
My personal skill will be identical except that I want to change the icon and graphics (a transparent shield rather than a red invocation). Anyway just a model change.
So I have already copied the skill "Big Bad Voodoo" into a custom skill. Then I copied the two echantements "Big Bad Voodoo" and "Big Bad Voodoo (spellcasters)" correspondents.
Can I apply these enchantments the personalized competence.
Finally, I change the enchantment model "Target Computer Graphics".
Competence being put to my hero, I launch the game.
Problem: it does not work at all. There are several bug. By cons if I directly modifies the orc jurisdiction or enchantments, it works perfectly. Except that I want to keep this intact the competence and enchantments for the orc hero, and have a similar personal jurisdiction to my personal hero.
I noticed that the same bug occurs when we want personalized competence "Sentinel" of the Night Elves.
How to do ? I think we have squarely recreate the jurisdiction of any room with triggers but spending my skills ... I can't.
Please help me.

P.S.: Sorry if English is not very good: I am French.

Last edited:

Cokemonkey11

Spell Reviewer
Level 30
wolgan666, it looks like you have used google translate to take some french text and write english. This is very hard to parse.

Perhaps you can write the original french text here?

> Problem: it does not work at all.

Can you post the map? It is hard to understand exactly which parts of the object data you've changed.

Level 5
Text in French :
Bonjour
J'ai un gros problème, donc un grand merci à celui qui pourra m’apporter une réponse.
Je veux créer une compétence personnalisée à partir d’une compétence déjà existante. La compétence est "Grand Méchant Vaudou" : il s’agit de la compétence ultime du héros "Chasseur des ombres" « Shadow Hunter » ; la compétence rend les unités alliées invulnérables. Ma compétence personnalisée sera identique sauf que je veux changer l'icône et les graphiques (un bouclier transparent plutôt qu’une invocation rouge). Bref, juste un changement de modèle.
Donc, j’ai d’abord copié la compétence "Grand Méchant Vaudou" pour en faire une compétence personnalisée. Ensuite, j’ai copié les deux enchantements "Grand Méchant Vaudou" et "Grand Méchant Vaudou (lanceur de sort)" correspondants.
Puis j'ai appliqué ces enchantements à la compétence personnalisée.
Enfin, j'ai changé le modèle d'enchantement (dans la ligne "Computer Graphics cible").
J’ajoute la compétence personnalisé à mon héros personnalisé et je lance le jeu.
Problème: il ne fonctionne pas du tout. Il y a plusieurs bug. Par contre si je modifie directement la compétence du héro orc ou les enchantements de la compétence, il fonctionne parfaitement. Sauf que je veux garder intact la compétence et les enchantements pour le héros orc, et faire une compétence personnalisée semblable pour mon héros personnalisé.
J’ai remarqué que le même bug se produit lorsque l’on veut personnaliser la compétence "Sentinelle" des elfes de la nuit. Comment faire?
Je pense qu’il faut carrément recréer la compétence de toute pièce avec des déclencheurs mais cela dépasse mes compétences ... J’en suis incapable.
Aidez-moi, s’il vous plaît.

Here is the map :
Open the map with the editor to see the changes I made.
Test the map to see the problem.

Attachments

• Skill.w3x
    207.7 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Level 5
Thank you for your reply.
But the problem is not the model.
The proof is supplied set by the attachment.
By modifying the competence of the hero, it works.

Attachments

• Skill2.w3x
    207.4 KB · Views: 47
Level 5
I don't understand what you say.
If you test the map "Shield2.w3x" while using the skill "Big Bad Vaudoo" you will see that this works.
The icon is the right. Confers Attached File 1.
And the model is the right too. Confers Attached File 2.
My only problem is that it doesn't support a custom unit, as in the map "Shield.w3x".

Otherwise, in World Editor, the model is applied directly to the skill of the Shadow Hunter. Confers Attached File 3.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    68.5 KB · Views: 91
  • 2.png
    2.png
    533.3 KB · Views: 1,060
  • 3.png
    3.png
    73.4 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Status