• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problems with campaign techtree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hi everyone.

I'm currently working on one of my proyects, a campaign that features 3 completely custom races. I was just working on one of them (making the units, buildings, spells, upgrades, etc...). I had finished creating things, and I found a huge problem when I tried to set up the techtree (you know, this unit requires that building, this upgrade enables that spell, etc...)...

As you see in the following picture, the campaign has a lot of custom units:
z5wa.jpg

OK, I select one of them, I go to "Techtree - Requirements", I go to "Units - Orc" (all those units are clasified as orcs), and I select "Custom". But there's nothing there, as you can see in the following picture:
nbdn.jpg

I don't know if this is normal. All the units I made are custom, so I think they should be there. But they arent', so I can't set up the techtree. However, if I open a map of the campaign, I can set up the techtree without problems, the units appear where they should be.
So my question is: Do I have to set up the techtree separately in every single map, or there's a way to do it in the campaign object editor?

I hope my problem is clear. The world editor of the pictures is in spanish, but that shouldn't be a problem. Ask if you need to know anything else.
Can someone help me? Thanks for your attention.

Kind Regards

Level 9
Well, that's the point. The units are in the campaign's object editor, not in the map's object editor. So, they are available in every single map of the campaign. And I want to set up the techtree in the campaign's object editor, that way the techtree would be correctly set up in every single map of the campaign.
However, I can't set up the techtree in the campaign's object editor, because of the problem I described before. In the map itself I can set up the techtree without issues, but not in the campaign.

Level 9
Hi there.
Well, when you said "transfer it to the campaign", the idea of copy-paste came to my mind. Basicly, I copied the already set up techtree of the units and spells of my map, and pasted them in the campaign's object editor. And suddenly, everything got fixed. Now the custom units, upgrades, etc... are in the campaign's object editor, as they should be.
I don't know what was wrong with the campaign before, but now is fixed. Thank you for the help!

Kind Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.