• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

HELP: From Hero to Unit, adding Decay Bone and Decay Flesh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Getting back in the swing of things here, I'm making a Dwarven Ram Rider (similar to Norinrad's oooold one, 'cept this one'll be female), based on the mounted Malfurion model. Before doing this though, I felt I should make a critter unit first;

A dwarven ram of Khaz Modan.

critterramwip.jpg

Having been a hero before, it doesnt have Gutz yet, but thats easily fixed. (Though I'm not quite sure yet which bone to connect the Gutz to, when geomerging it into the model).

My biggest concern however is giving this little guy (and my rider, later on), decay Bone and Decay Flesh animations. Simply transferring these animations seems to.. well, not work. Any tips?

Level 49
You'll need to add a "Gutz" bone that is not attached to anything. Look at some units to see how you should do it. Then you'll have to attach a fitting corpse to it, perhaps try with the Deer critter. Then you'll have to make two sequences; decay flesh and decay bone. "Decay Flesh" will have the corpse going down, and the bones(gutz) appearing later when the corpse is halfway in the ground. The animation ends with only the bones left. Then the decay bone should show only the bones(gutz).

Level 23
You'll need to add a "Gutz" bone that is not attached to anything. Look at some units to see how you should do it. Then you'll have to attach a fitting corpse to it, perhaps try with the Deer critter. Then you'll have to make two sequences; decay flesh and decay bone. "Decay Flesh" will have the corpse going down, and the bones(gutz) appearing later when the corpse is halfway in the ground. The animation ends with only the bones left. Then the decay bone should show only the bones(gutz).

Thanks, I'll add the gutz geoset without attaching it to a bone. I'm a little confused by your other advice. How would I attach a 'fitting corpse' to my model, without the ram's corpse magically turning into a deer stag when decaying?

Also, I have no experience with making sequences of any kind. I use Magos and Oinkerwinkle's tools for all my work. Any word on how to make sequences with these?

Level 23
I could find neither a program called "Warshape" or "Warforget" to download, so I'm back at square one.

I desperately need a detailed how-to on how to add a Decay Bone and Decay Flesh animation to a unit, both in animation as in geoset. If possible, it would help me trememndously, and I'm sure other modellers would be very much helped with it as well. Without this, I'm afraid these units will simply not come to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.