• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help creating an "Ability is active" Condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey folks, I'm trying hard to make a condition/trigger for detecting if ability defense (same as human footman) is active.
I just cant make it work, my goal is to give a building the ability "defense" and if "defense" is active then do (loop of event), when is desactivated then (stop loop).

any hints for this?

:goblin_cry:thanks!

Level 39
You can’t really check if it’s active on command. Instead you have to catch when it’s ordered to defend and undefend each time.

A roundabout way to query its defense state is to remove the ability from the unit. Doing so will order it to undefend if the ability was active when you removed it, then you have to re-Add the ability and order it to defend if it was active when removed.

Level 24
Not sure if defend has a buff or not, but, why not give your units a statless immolation/manashield, it should provide a buff enough to "denote" whether it's active or not.
When checking for "Active" units find the corresponding buff and do your actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.