• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bug using abilities based on same pattern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey, I need a Unit to have various abilities (Y),(X) that are based on "inmolate", but they dont work properly, I gave that unit ability "X" and "Y" ... but ingame happens this: when pressed 1st time "Y" it activates "X" instead ... when pressed 2nd time "Y" it deactivates "X" ... when pressed 3rd time "X" now finally "X" activates.

full problemz details below
:

1.-
I copy-pasted inmolate on custom abilities and make different stats and buff for each one, so i have 2 inmolate-based new abilities named (newbie) and (veteran):

lIziYpm.png

2.-
Now i need a buff for each ability i created:

lTIkZmX.png

3.-
Finally i have a unit that has that 2 inmolate custom abilites with respective custom inmolate buffs:
jk5cz4a.png

4.-
Now i go ingame and test if i can use both abilities by clicking:

Suv9uhX.png

I cant click on second ability and making it activate if i dont perform 3 clicks on it because it activates/deactivates first ability before activating/deactivating second.

Last edited:
Level 24
Abilities have "Order Ids" or origins for a better phrase... Basically The custom ability you made is always a "copy" or "Child" of a base ability from the vanilla game.
If I make two custom flamestrike abilities with completely different stats, and I give them to one unit, it will have the same problem you have.

I'm sure there is a tutorial on this matter...

Level 2
Abilities have "Order Ids" or origins for a better phrase... Basically The custom ability you made is always a "copy" or "Child" of a base ability from the vanilla game.
If I make two custom flamestrike abilities with completely different stats, and I give them to one unit, it will have the same problem you have.

I'm sure there is a tutorial on this matter...

I dont need that much abilities, i know i can use Mana Shield, inmolate, mana shield [neutralhostile] and inmolate [neutralhostile], do you know guys more activatable basic abilities?

Status
Not open for further replies.