• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to activate an event as the Trigger gets activated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I have three modes in my Game (2 submodes) and the problem is that the game time on both is different later on. So I'd need a trigger that activates as I turn it on.

I tried the events MapInit, GameTimeElapsed, etc. but nothing seems to trigger it as I Turn ON the event trigger. What should I do? Do I really have to make every Trigger 2 times for each event happening using conditions?

Level 5
I already found the solution. I'd just make an periodic event an then turn off the trigger. Somehow got stuck in my head however if there is a better way just tell me :) would be greatful if there is an more elegant solution.

Level 5
Trigger - Turn on (trigger)
Trigger - Run (trigger)

Is that what you want?
It activates a trigger once you have turned it on.

Thx a lot for the fast answer that was exactly what I needed.
I was searching for an event specific to the trigger being turned on and therefore did not look at the actions themselves for a solution. Really saved me some hassle since I was doing every Trigger as a Periodic Turn off Event till now which was when it boils down to cinematics a really painful way.

:thumbs_up:

Status
Not open for further replies.