• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hello World. I'm new here in town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

.hm

.hm

Level 2
Hey everyone,

I have recently decided to create an account and join -- I've actually been a lurker for some time. I am beginning to play Warcraft III Frozen Throne again after many years, since first playing it as a child.

I have become more interested in using custom models (and developing them in the future, but right now, due to my line of work, I am usually extremely busy). I was hoping to introduce myself here, and share some of my ideas, and hopefully get some help/feedback. I don't know much about the website, besides how to search for certain types of models I need... and obviously how to find places on the forum to post. One of my hobbies is art - and when business demands are not as overwhelming, I like to draw (style is very similar to Warcraft/Diablo Universes, although I've been exploring with Space/Alien type of characters as well).

So now that I've finished introducing myself;

I have been working on a large melee map (256 x 256 [camera cut-off makes it 240 x 240]), which will offer the chance for (up to 12) players to pick heroes such as: Grommash Hellscream, Alleria Windrunner, Valeera Sanguinar, (various other famous names from Warcraft Lore). I began working on this map as a way to relieve myself from stress at work, and just to express my creativity in some way.

I AM STUCK:

I am trying to create a hero which is a Druid of the Pack (known as Druids of the Scythe now) -- one of the first followers of Ralaar Fangfire, who accepted Goldrinn's gift. There is a great werewolf model that I've found, made by WhiteDeath. However, there is no good model for a Druid of the Pack.
Actually -- Druid of the Pack/Scythe models don't even exist... I've used so many different search strings... even general ones like "Night Elf" or just plain "Elf".

I have thought of making it myself... I would have to learn some software and some animation... which requires time. This is a possibility for me in the future... but as of now, I am quite busy. I even thought of paying someone to do it for me (kinda weird, although it could work if its done safely...).

So... I'm reaching out to the Masters of the Elements of this Forum... guide me. Show me the path which leads to greatness; untether me from my noobish shackles, which bind my knowledge to the limits of this world. How shall I proceed?

Lets say I worked on this myself -- What software is required? Where do I start? Maybe some links to old forum posts on this website would be helpful... also... how hard is it to model something? Would it take long? I have 0 experience modelling, but I am good with numbers, and good at drawing.

.hm

.hm

Level 2
Perhaps, sharing some pictures as a references for the modelsyou want will lure some modelers to help you.

This is a great idea, thank you... I will post a thread on the modelling section -- but just for you on here, I will post these pics:

I am looking for something incredibly "simple" in terms of skins (examples are just from google, searching "Druid of the Pack";
upload_2020-4-14_13-37-58.png
upload_2020-4-14_13-39-29.png
upload_2020-4-14_13-43-18.png

NOTE: No armor is really required for this model -- just a big beard, long hair, and A LOT OF CLAWS. One important thing is the model should have long sharp claws:

upload_2020-4-14_13-43-50.png

First followers of Ralaar Fangfire were basically Night elf druids (of the Claw), that had no need for armor or anything, since the Pack form was so strong. However, they became aggressive and animalistic or primal in nature, needing nothing but their fangs and claws to get through their days.

Fun Fact: The original druids of the pack became the very first Worgen (over hundreds of years). But the originals looked very much like Night Elves still... just hairy and ... claw-y.

The model would also need to "MORPH" into a werewolf -- or just a wolf. Basically any morph animation would work -- but the bear morph and the bird morph are really noticeable in game.

You can add me in Discord if you want, I can help and teach you some modelling stuff.
Max#5210

I don't have discord just yet -- but I am getting it soon. I will have a break soon from work, and I will download it, and begin to learn some modelling!

Thank you so much btw, for your offer, I appreciate that. I will definitely add you!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.