• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hello there, I'm new here. I'm searching people help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Quick resume : I used to make maps when I was a kid, and I loved it. But after I quit I was afraid to go back to it, and realize that I have lost my "level". Until this summer when I tried again for fun, and it rekindled my passion for creating games.

I worked for 2 months on a map that fascinates me like crazy but I often find myself limited by my knowledge even if I have learned a lot, more than I would have imagined.

Indeed, I've always wanted to create games, and W3 is a great learning tool. But I realize that I am progressing very little, and that I do not have a lot of time for the level design or the script. I focus on the basic gameplay. I have ambition for my project, as I want to make a game that I want to play that offers a lot of freedom and replayability. Looking at some projects on Hive I tell myself that there is a level pit. I still hope to find people who have a similar passion who could enlighten me.

To describe the idea of map, I would say it's an RPG (an other one) that imprints on games I've played like Dark Souls, Warframe, WoW, ARK, and custom maps.
As I'm french, I believe it would really helps if you're too as it can be hard to express effectively ideas back and forth for me in English.

I use the original WE of my W3's version which is the 1.26 one. I don't know JASS, and I try my best to avoid its need. :)

Feel free to contact me, I put all my info on Hive like my discord and other.

Take care,
HOLORN

EDIT: This post is a really outdated. Having made a lot of progress on my project, I think I will close this request and make a new one.

Last edited:
Level 2
Development is a mess tbh. I started making this map for my friends after playing Call Of Cthulhu rpg, so you got it right. That was the original theme but I got away from it a lot. The "lore" for now is just an excuse for me to have consistent gameplay (with minimal immersion). I'm really not good at creating lore, but I have some ideas for mixing it with the gameplay.

I mainly focus on the general mechanics of the gameplay. Thinking the foundations for the long term. Balancing is going to be difficult because I want a lot of freedom. It's a bit like architecture where before thinking about style, you have to make a structure that first stands. I even have a crafting system which is a bit useless at the moment, and I'm thinking about housing and checkpoints too...

I learn as I create, so there are a lot of systems that I come back to upgrade/fix, or new ideas pop up. Also, I recently learned about leaks and it worries me a bit as I don't want to go too deep into JASS but I know the basics (like triggering the unit/player is better). Performances is becoming a worry too.

Level 2
Greeting. My map is RPG type with survival mechanics and sandbox. My goal is to break free from the hero system of the game and get closer to the freedom of a Dark Souls and immersion of WoW or TES. I don't know what I specialize in but for the moment I create a lot of systems under GUI. For example this Christmas I added a hunger system, I added an inventory system in January and I'm working on a Lockpicking system and I'm thinking about lore.

If you want we can discuss it on Discord and I could talk about it in more detail if you're interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.