• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New RPG needs help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I am working on a new RPG and need some assistance. I will explain the story and what kind of help i need.

Story-line basics: The Beginning

1000 years ago, EVIL tried to destroy all life. EVIL would have succeeded if it wasnt for a small group of heros who managed to bind it into a gem. The gem was taken by the heros and hidden somewhere and was lost to time.

Story-line basics: The Present

While trapped in the gem the entity we shall call EVIL, found that he wasnt totally powerless. During his captivity he was able to comunicate with other beings and was able to convince them to release him from his prison. During the morning hours there was a terrible explosion in the nearby mountains.EVIL had been released. With those heros of old now dead and gone, the world seeks new heroes to take up the sword and fight once again. Will you be that hero who vanquishes the entity, who we are callling EVIL, that is threatening the land?

Features of this map:

I am using some old tricks and a few new ones to make this RPG as unique as possible. During the night time hours, your hero cannot see much. Building camp fires is the best way to see at night. While out adventuring you can build tents to enter and sleep, while sleeping you gain back mana and hp. I recently added a fishing and cooking system for this RPG. While near water you can fish and catch alot of differant things. Using a food item from fishing or hunting with a campfire will cook it, allowing you to consume it for various effects. This RPG is a massive rpg with over 50 quests. Also included is a few mini-games for you to play when bored of grinding. An example of a mini-game is "Punt-the-Coon", a fun event where you kick raccoons and aim for rings on the ground, if you score you receive prizes. Level cap for this RPG is set at 100. Each class is equipped with class skills and basic survival skills.

What I need:

Terrainer: Of course i am terrible at terraining and would like someone to help out in making some terrain.

Triggers: I have most of the triggers done but need someone who is more advanced to fix leaks and setting up save/load codes and stuff.

Name: Currently my RPG is unnamed. You can just post in this thread possible names for it and if your idea is chosen you will recieve credit.

How to contact me:

Send me a private message on the forums. I will contact you through msn, vent, or email. I prefer msn or vent as its easier to explain things.

Last edited:
Level 1
hmm id like to help ... but i cant terrain ... and i might be same trigger lvl as u ... so ... NAME, YEs Thats it.... hmm ... what about The Ancient EVIL RPG?

Level 6
Well as i said i have done most of the triggers and have already finished items and heros. I have even scripted 3 new systems for use in my rpg. Not to mention I have triggered almost all the spells for the heros. I am not asking for much, just some terrain and another person who knows alittle more about triggers than me. Besides that who cares if my story is cliche, what story isnt? Heros need to battle evil and save the world, all stories have a differant way to go about it but essentially there all the same. Since all stories have the same basic story-line I decided to make the gameplay the best part.

Level 6
Il help you out with your terrain im pretty good at it my self, I always try to make an rpg but I aint the best with triggers just pm me your msn if you have it.

~4rankie~

Status
Not open for further replies.