• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

dawn of sorrow rpg needs help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
im making an rpg and need some members to get it off the ground.

Heres the basics of it.

the name of the rpg is dawn of sorrow. the story is, 1000 years ago a demon rose up and was determined to destroy the humans that hunted his kind into near extinction. the humans were at a loss untill a paladin created a magical stone that was used to trap the demon into a prison for all eternity. to protect this stone the holy order placed it in a hidden location in the daggers edge mountains. the prison was thought to keep the humans safe as there wasnt any concievable way to release the demon. but evil always finds a way. during his imprisonment he learned he wasnt totally powerless. he began to communicate with demons such as himself and vowed to have his revenge on the humans for what they have done. the holy order felt the terrible fury unleased from the mountains and sent a force to see what has happened. on a peak of the mountains they went and an evil mist blanketed the land. evil was awakened. when the order returns with word to the king, he sets out a search for the lands greatest heros to take up swords and fight the evil once again.

Heres some of the features in the map.

the map is a multiplayer map with several features never put into a map. at night your heros sight range is really low and you can barely hunt at night. making campfires is the only way to see anything at all. but the risk in doing that is monsters are drawn to the light and will try to put it out, plunging you into darkness once more. you can erect tents which when you enter will slowly heal you. pack horses is the main means of baggage handling. there are 4 classes that you will be able to choose; warrior, rogue, priest, and sorceress. each class is equiped with 11 spells that they must use to turn the tide of battle and destroy evil for good. this map also has weapon attachments. level cap is 100 and its a save/load rpg. classes will have "techtrees", 3 branches with a differant type of skill specialization. sorceress has ice, fire, and arcane. warrior has protection, fury, and arms. rogue has combat, subtlety, and assassination. priest has holy, retribution, and balance. 4 skills in each tree except the last one which only has 3. higher level skills require certain levels of the preceeding skill. so in order to get cone of flame in fire tree you would need lvl 3 in fireball to train in it. same with ice. most of the skills are based off there wow counterparts as im too lazy to come up with a better standard. theres probably more that i havent put but thats the basics of what i have so far.

Now heres what i need.

need a decent terrainer, not asking for a god, but that would be nice. i have a layout of what im looking for so it shouldnt be really hard. if you can send me a sample of your terrain that would be nice. a forest setting, a barrens setting, a haunted woods setting, a mountain setting, a grassland setting, and a harbor town would be things in the map so whatever you can show me would help. do as many or as little as you want, however the more you show the better.

need a person who is good at triggers/jass, i have a few of the triggers done that i need for the map but as for the complicated stuff im at a lose. also needs to be able to get a save/load code running for it.

quest writer, i have about a dozen quests that i have written on a paper but i need more, about 40 in all should be fine,or less depending.

of course i need a modeler, not really for much as i need the 4 classes modeled for me. i would use whats already made but they dont fit my style.

Here is whats done so far.

i have all items, weapons, skills, stats, and icons ready for the map. all that needs to be done is terrain finished and models done before i can start importing what i have into the map. then its up to the person doing triggers to make my map come alive.

Where did this sudden idea come from?

actually the story is based on a short story that was 20 pages long that i wrote in advanced literature class. teacher told me it was very good and if i wrote it into a book and didnt end it in "to be continued" , he would be the first to buy it. im no writter yet so ill make it into a game first. hopefully theres somebody who can make my dream come true.

Heres some screens of wow models that i would like the classes based off of.

if you decide to do the models please do all 4. the reason for this is each modeler has a differant style and each one would look differant. i would like each model to be made with the same style. each model will be weaponless. the priest and sorceress will use a staff so must have an attack animation to support it. the warrior has a shield and sword. rogue i would like to duel wield so attachments for each hand would be a must, also an attack animation to support it. i will take reskins but if you do one i would like all 4 done. hero glows are not required but would enhance it. would have a dissipate animation as the hero respawns where you die. the rogue can be a reskinned demonhunter. his animations would have to be changed to a human male. for that i can do the work of getting it human looking but need someone to reskin and change its animation to something standing straight, the run animation is fine. i just found out that theres a castlevania game named dawn of sorrow. guess ill have to either find a new name or keep this. was hoping i could keep it. anyways now i need a new name for the rpg so if anyone has an oppinion let me know. if i think of anythig else ill edit the post. if you need to know anything else post and ill edit it.

Last edited:
Level 17
Im sorry to point out to you that there is already a game named Castlevania: Dawn Of Sorrow. I was expecting it to be more like that, but anyways. I can give you any knowledge I may remember unless your willing to help me get back to at least mapmaking!

Edit:
I am a good Triggerer/Quest Writer, except i have no skills in making quests with triggers.
I can also do a bit of Terraining, if your not happy with my skill in terraining, i suggest get a higher level terrainer improvise on mine.

Anyway, got to get to school now, leave an email with [email protected] if you choose to recruit me, see you!

Level 6
i still need help. would hate to double post but i really need it. dont want it to go away like alot of other ones.

Level 6
well there is a few things i need done in jass. such as the save/load code and things like that that. ill definitly keep you in mind, of course i still need a skilled terrainer to do the map so the map can be finished.

Level 6
im not asking for wow models, if i wanted wow models i would do it myself.

Level 6
im always in need of help, i did manage to find a terrainer. the problem now is waiting for him to start the terrain. i wont ask anyone to quit there lives to help in this so i wont push him to start. besides all that a terrainer needs to take there time when creating a master piece. the models will be the hardest because nobody has even jumped up to say they would do it. i would hate to use wow models but if i have to then ill just have too.

Level 5
i wish i had some screenshots of my work but i can't find any im temporarily on my bad computer untill can get my better one fixed. I can terrain pretty good. Quest writing isn't that hard once I see the map and/or make the terrain =P. and as u seen b4 im pretty good trigger just not jass.

Level 6
I am 100% borded to work in WC3 maps, i worked on a lot of rpg so i am realy good in GUI. All i can do to help you is to implant a realy good save/load system that work in GUI so you wont have problem add class to the class aray and same for item aray and i can do it if you wan. It have a color system (capital leter are blue, number are red, ect...). The save and load system is caled "Neostorms Password Save System 2.8" and its the last version avaible.

Anyway just ask Palin_Twinblade if you need my help and am not online, he know how to find me.

Status
Not open for further replies.