• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hawstrider Cavalry

"Our call brings hope to the battlefield!"

"Beep, beep!"

Here is a renovated version of an old model in substandard section, i asked for permission to Galendor an'Kreil to edit his model in 2016 and was less experienced with the animations transfers, so the first version was functional, but could be more natural in line with the other units. This newer version is done by merging the Death Knight body animations into the Hawkstrider motions.

From the rest, the rider model is a Farstrider version of a heavy unit. On a final note, the ideal size for unit version is 0.70 or 0.80 in comparation with the knight or warlord, at 1 is more for a hero size.

Update 1:

Inner mouth mesh properly attached to the lips, visible on Portrait talks.

Update 2: Skeleton dissapears before the end of Decay Bone, Stand Victory can now be looped.
Previews
Contents

Hawstrider Cavalry (Model)

Reviews
ILH
ILH
A majestic chicken rider. Changes made. Works in-game. Approved!
Level 21
The bonus animations look very good!
Powerful model really.
edit: not too sure an axe is the appropriate weapon here - just a very minor complaint.

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
Really good mesh and wrap work. I really dig the helmet. I think the rider being slightly shorter than the average elf is fine, considering how mounted units usually look in this game.

My only gripe is that the first attack sequence lacks the oomph of the other ones. That and it does kinda look like he's whacking the bird's head. Try extending the movement to the mount itself when he swings the ax. It will go a long way to making the attack more dynamic.

Also, weapon variations (sword, spear, lance) could be a nice cherry on top of an already solid model.