• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Has anybody done a

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Marvel Vs Dc comics aos yet i have million ideas just no skill to carry um out im pretty much just an idea guy n would be happy to help anybody who is skilled enough to take up this task:thumbs_up:

Level 5
I think i can help, but i need to know what "aos" is ^^, and information about the Marvel and DC Comics heros

Level 10
@woxx:
A AoS (Aoens of Strife) is a map where 2-4 teams play against each others with heros and creeps (creeps are spawned automaticly for a bot in each team that attack on their own) the object is often to destroy the other teams defence (towers) and then their castle or main building.. DotA is a AoS.

The idea is good but you can't do much of a AoS if it's not 3 teams or more since if it's 2 team AoS most will call it a DotA ripoff :hohum:

Last edited:
Level 5
Yes, or some other game heros. But if i (or someoen else) can make this Aos, do you know many of the marvel, DC comics and capcom heros? And how many players for each team, should the heros ne overpower compared to the team spawns and so on

Level 3
Well first off theres atleast 2000 heros/villians in both marvel n dc n probly like 500-600 in capcom it not a very big franchise just equaly known 2ndly yes i know most of the rosters for all 3 and last the amount of charecters in it will be 30 10 for each side 5 heros n 5 villians we chose the heros n villians for a side dibs on marvel :p n then we go from there i would have to say ide like to put in for marvel
Shuma-Gorath.gif

venom_200x200.jpg

maximum-carnage.jpg
n the last 2 villans are up for debate now for heros
course can't have spiderman enemies whitout
51IqpCdVI-L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

lgmpp50212+punching-the-ground-from-marvel-comics-iron-man-mini-poster.jpg

AstonColossus.png

and last 2 are up for debate n that's all i choose for marvel

Last edited:
Level 3
Yes, or some other game heros. But if i (or someoen else) can make this Aos, do you know many of the marvel, DC comics and capcom heros? And how many players for each team, should the heros ne overpower compared to the team spawns and so on
We can narrow all that Down once w e Actully have a team set up rdy to do The game

Level 5
If this gonna be a multiplayer map, i can easly say that we cant fully use many custom models

Level 3
i know that memory n all which is why i said 30 n they don't have to be custom well all of them don't need custom model for shuma gorath just use the one eyed tentacle monster from wc there isin't any model for venom nor carnage out to my knowledge dono bout spiderman tho n there is a low file one for collosus i belive n im sure theres a low ironman
i am adding Deadpool to the cast of heros for marvel, if any of marvels ppl would have a custom model i would like this guy to have one even if he was the only one.To reduce memory space i suggest we give 1 hero or Villan atleast one custom model or skin for each side
DeadPool.bmp

Last edited:
Level 3
Well that sounds cool an all but i have no idea on how to do it lol im a newbie when it comes to editor im still on newbie spell making im an idea guy/tester, venom n carnage signature is their color n eyes

Last edited:
Level 5
How about i fix the a map terrain and triggers (spawning creeps, setting winning conditions and so on) and you see if you can get some specific models or skin for those characters you want. Also what of those characters that will be in the map (when i say that i mean the heros and spawns), check what spells we need for each of them and i can also add a pretty simple but working recipe system

Level 10
This might complicate the map making but I think I know a way of making a 2-team AoS original. :grin:
aosidea.jpg

Something like this, to win you need to destroy the main building in each playing field (total of 3)
after one of them are destroyed you still need to protect your main building on the same field, all fields will also have 2 or 3 lanes. (fighting area = playing field)
Tell me what you think of this idea. I'm giving you this since I'm working on my own map. :wink:
Only thing I would want is to be on credits as terrain idea or something :cute:
By the way you could also put diffrent types of tiles in each field like snow, grass and dirt :wink:

Level 5
I dont get it, arent aos maps a triangel? You know, a team in each corner

Level 10
Dota isn't a triangle :) a AoS as far as i know is a game based on defending your main building, there is lanes where auto spawned creeps will fight to help the heroes of each team, in a 3 team aos one of the bases is in the middle in the top of the map like

lllllll.
lllll/l\
lll/lllll\
ll'----'

something like that, where . and ' are bases ofcourse there is a lane from each base to the middle where most of the fighting is (i think)

I think it was in the map Spellcraft where there was a AoS mode and the Playing field was horisontal and had three lanes with the main building in the middle, so i don't see any problems with that

llllll ________
, /_________\ ,
' \_________/ '
the playing fields would be something like that

EDIT dont mind the 'l's i had to make them to make the lines stay where i want them to

Level 3
ur design is confusing n i don't see how it would work a triangle based map for 3 teams seems bout right n i posted a request for the models/skins but i guess cus of my poor grammar n lack of doing the request right nobody wants to anwser, also im currently trying to make a accurate drawing in paint of how the map would probly look like

Level 3
marvelmap.jpg
OK this is the ruff draft of my idea, the small red dots indicate where the main bases would be and the red circle indicates where the main battle field would go and the red x's indicate what where the lanes would go also we could put in some sorta event unit or building or something that would tilt the battle in the favor of owner of said object.Now I couldn't decide where to put secret shops so I left that up for debate, now the lanes would be 3 per angle because if you leave it with just 3 simple lanes the battle will never move out of The middle and ppl will lose interest due to lack of progress so the extra 2 lanes on each angle would be linked directly to the base like so in any aos every lane is linked to the main base.we can discuss spells/units n exce once we have a finished terrain otherwise there's no point instead of doing fractions at a time let's just do one portion at a time terrain/units/heros/spells/items n exce n goblin dude like ur avatar n if you wan't man feel free to help in any way possible credit will be given, also id'e like to mention the map isn't perfect so feel free to change w/e lol or something similiar i dont really care if its used just throwing it out there

Last edited:
Level 5
This also seems kinda confusing to me, the most of the AoS i played look like this:Aos.jpg
So all teams first of all sends spawns to eachother directly.
Then at same time they sends spawns to the middel.
I dont think this is the best idea, but im very used to it.
And gamerzer0, his right, the top team cant get to the second lowest lane, kinda sad because i like the layout

Blaxor, you mean like this? I did it in paint so all can see it clearAoss.jpg
I kinda like it, but ofc there will be alot of terrain

Level 3
These are all of the concepts i came up with but they all have 2 many lanes
marvelmap-1.jpg
marvel2.jpg
mr3.jpg

if we are only gonna have 3 lanes we need some sort of event or unit building or something that would help turn the tide of battle in the middle so it doesn't get deadlocked

Last edited:
Level 5
ofc can i add some events, but those examples you made, i cant get how to make it work. Please expalin

Level 5
ok, and i will add some events (random spawns of hostile units and that sort of stuff)
But for the love of lerroy, check your spelling.

Level 10
ok, and i will add some events (random spawns of hostile units and that sort of stuff)
Nice :thumbs_up: you could also (besides the spawning of hostile units) create an event where a aoe spell is cast in the middle of the map if there occurs a deadlock where most units will get killed or seriously injured. Maybe a chain lighting that targets a random unit in the middle (if deadlocked) killing 8 units.

But for the love of lerroy, check your spelling.
Are you referring to me or gamerzer0?

Level 5
gamerzer0, hes spelling is truely a epic fail (no offens gamerzer0:grin:)
But sure, i can see if i can fix some spells being cast in middle or something

Level 3
you're not even spelling most things right nor making sence inhalf ur sentences n ur yapping at me about Grammar -.-

Level 5
im sorry but im from sweden, so i think it make pretty much sense. And you dont use and dots or anything. So it makes it harder to understand when every thing is only one long sentenc. But lets focus on the map instead. I have made a map with terrain (i think the size of the map is large) and i made all the team bases with HQ and tower (this can easily be changed when i recived some ideas and information from gamerzer0). Now im going to fix the spawns and i realy need to know if i should make them strong, Like 2000hp and 60-80 dmg or like 550 with 19-25 or something like that.
I hope for a answere soon:grin:

Level 3
I had typed out an answer but then as I was thinking of the names for the creeps it had dawned on me that super heroes n villains often have sidekicks and henchman then ur whole 2000 HP comment put the idea for Loadable heroes into my head.What if we put in a save n load feature that puts the level cap at level 30 for now and they woulden't be able to save items for fairness and ppl after level 15-30 can sidekick/henchman allied ppl who are 4+ levels below them starting from level 5.They would get maybe increased XP or something I dono but it sounds like something that could make the game stand out from most aos'es if we do it right.So to answer ur grammar ? I never was good in English class so usually I don't pay attention to periods n commas I just ramble on bout w/e n I m sorry it makes things hard to read but I do my best to put The periods n commas at points where I think they go.Now to answer the Original Question asked The creeps stats should be set depending on what stats the heroes will have so let's figure out how powerful the heroes will be then decide from there cuss there's no point in making creeps have 400 HP do 25 dmg if the heroes have 1000 starting HP and nearly 100 dmg The Game would end to fast n farming /gaining money would be too easy.

Last edited:
Level 4
I think there should be a fourth team as well (if the Capcom as a third team was incorporated) involving characters from smaller comic book / manga companies that are less known (I bet there are few of you who even know who Rima the Jungle Girl is :p).

I dunno, just a thought. I could maybe help out by doing some terraining, but I bet you've got someone working on that already. Good luck all the same! I'll try to give out any ideas I can come up with.

Level 4
naw 4 teams would be to much memory taken up plus the lanening would be insane n take for ever

So is it two teams (DC v. Marvel) or three teams (DC v. Marvel v. Capcom)?

If it's three teams, then how will the terrain be formed? A triangle with paths from everyone's base leading into the center?

Level 5
I dunno, just a thought. I could maybe help out by doing some terraining, but I bet you've got someone working on that already.

Yes, im working with it for the moment. But you very welcome to sens us some ideas and that sort of stuff:thumbs_up:

Level 6
How about this?
AoStry.jpg

All bases have 4 lanes, two against each base.
Two of them can be accessed by the team that's "not meant" to be there, and two can't.

Level 6
Line up? What you mean?
I'm not from any english-speaking country, and direct translated it sounds silly, so can you explain? :p

Level 5
No, i think i keep myself to the design i did. Sure its simple but it works great.
(If you dont know what i mean, check the second page)

Level 5
Yes, im working on it and should be done with it the 26.
I was "delayed" beacuse i just hade to play trough Left4Dead. Its awsome!

Level 3
k well start with the heroes after ur done I finished my marvel roster n I guess well just use wc models till we get somebody to make the deadpool one n venom n carnage or they'll just be tinted colored
For Marvel Heroes we have
0_41_011608_spiderman.jpg
SpiderMan
091007_ironman.jpg
Ironman
1988365648.jpg
Deadpool
5_colossus.jpg
Colossus
1097947445_1659534245.gif
The Thing

n for the villains
86919-109559-venom_small.jpg
Venom
fl_carnage.jpg
Carnage
Magneto.jpg
Magneto
Shuma-Gorath.gif
Shuma-gorath
dr_doom.jpg
Dr Doom

Last edited:
Level 3
for Dc heroes we have
green-arrow.jpg
Green Arrow
image.php
The Flash
superman2.gif
Superman
n the rest are undecided
now for Villains
joker1994-sm.jpg
The Joker is on the fence beacus of his lack of skills we would need a good spell maker if he is to be implmented the rest i haven't decided yet

Status
Not open for further replies.