1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Has anybody done a

Discussion in 'Idea Factory' started by gamerzer0, Nov 4, 2008.

1. gamerzer0

gamerzer0

Resources:
    Resources:
    ur design is confusing n i don't see how it would work a triangle based map for 3 teams seems bout right n i posted a request for the models/skins but i guess cus of my poor grammar n lack of doing the request right nobody wants to anwser, also im currently trying to make a accurate drawing in paint of how the map would probly look like

2. Blaxor

Blaxor

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    the picture i showed in the earlier post was for 2 team and not 3 team if that's what you're talking about

3. gamerzer0

gamerzer0

Resources:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]OK this is the ruff draft of my idea, the small red dots indicate where the main bases would be and the red circle indicates where the main battle field would go and the red x's indicate what where the lanes would go also we could put in some sorta event unit or building or something that would tilt the battle in the favor of owner of said object.Now I couldn't decide where to put secret shops so I left that up for debate, now the lanes would be 3 per angle because if you leave it with just 3 simple lanes the battle will never move out of The middle and ppl will lose interest due to lack of progress so the extra 2 lanes on each angle would be linked directly to the base like so in any aos every lane is linked to the main base.we can discuss spells/units n exce once we have a finished terrain otherwise there's no point instead of doing fractions at a time let's just do one portion at a time terrain/units/heros/spells/items n exce n goblin dude like ur avatar n if you wan't man feel free to help in any way possible credit will be given, also id'e like to mention the map isn't perfect so feel free to change w/e lol or something similiar i dont really care if its used just throwing it out there

Last edited: Nov 13, 2008
  4. Blaxor

Blaxor

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    that wouldn't work very well the top team won't be able to get the the second lowest lane :bored:

5. woxx

woxx

Resources:
    Resources:
    This also seems kinda confusing to me, the most of the AoS i played look like this: Aos.jpg
    So all teams first of all sends spawns to eachother directly.
    Then at same time they sends spawns to the middel.
    I dont think this is the best idea, but im very used to it.
    And gamerzer0, his right, the top team cant get to the second lowest lane, kinda sad because i like the layout

Blaxor, you mean like this? I did it in paint so all can see it clear Aoss.jpg
    I kinda like it, but ofc there will be alot of terrain

6. Blaxor

Blaxor

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    The other pic is exactly how i meant. :grin:
    I'm glad you understood me since i was too lazy to draw it myself. :wink:

7. gamerzer0

gamerzer0

Resources:
    Resources:
    These are all of the concepts i came up with but they all have 2 many lanes [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    if we are only gonna have 3 lanes we need some sort of event or unit building or something that would help turn the tide of battle in the middle so it doesn't get deadlocked

Last edited: Nov 13, 2008
  8. woxx

woxx

Resources:
    Resources:
    ofc can i add some events, but those examples you made, i cant get how to make it work. Please expalin

9. gamerzer0

gamerzer0

Resources:
    Resources:
    they have 2 many lanes you can do ur design

10. woxx

woxx

Resources:
    Resources:
    ok, and i will add some events (random spawns of hostile units and that sort of stuff)
    But for the love of lerroy, check your spelling.

11. Blaxor

Blaxor

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Nice :thumbs_up: you could also (besides the spawning of hostile units) create an event where a aoe spell is cast in the middle of the map if there occurs a deadlock where most units will get killed or seriously injured. Maybe a chain lighting that targets a random unit in the middle (if deadlocked) killing 8 units.

Are you referring to me or gamerzer0?

12. woxx

woxx

Resources:
    Resources:
    gamerzer0, hes spelling is truely a epic fail (no offens gamerzer0:grin:)
    But sure, i can see if i can fix some spells being cast in middle or something

13. gamerzer0

gamerzer0

Resources:
    Resources:
    you're not even spelling most things right nor making sence inhalf ur sentences n ur yapping at me about Grammar -.-

14. woxx

woxx

Resources:
    Resources:
    im sorry but im from sweden, so i think it make pretty much sense. And you dont use and dots or anything. So it makes it harder to understand when every thing is only one long sentenc. But lets focus on the map instead. I have made a map with terrain (i think the size of the map is large) and i made all the team bases with HQ and tower (this can easily be changed when i recived some ideas and information from gamerzer0). Now im going to fix the spawns and i realy need to know if i should make them strong, Like 2000hp and 60-80 dmg or like 550 with 19-25 or something like that.
    I hope for a answere soon:grin:

15. gamerzer0

gamerzer0

Resources:
    Resources:
    I had typed out an answer but then as I was thinking of the names for the creeps it had dawned on me that super heroes n villains often have sidekicks and henchman then ur whole 2000 HP comment put the idea for Loadable heroes into my head.What if we put in a save n load feature that puts the level cap at level 30 for now and they woulden't be able to save items for fairness and ppl after level 15-30 can sidekick/henchman allied ppl who are 4+ levels below them starting from level 5.They would get maybe increased XP or something I dono but it sounds like something that could make the game stand out from most aos'es if we do it right.So to answer ur grammar ? I never was good in English class so usually I don't pay attention to periods n commas I just ramble on bout w/e n I m sorry it makes things hard to read but I do my best to put The periods n commas at points where I think they go.Now to answer the Original Question asked The creeps stats should be set depending on what stats the heroes will have so let's figure out how powerful the heroes will be then decide from there cuss there's no point in making creeps have 400 HP do 25 dmg if the heroes have 1000 starting HP and nearly 100 dmg The Game would end to fast n farming /gaining money would be too easy.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2008
  16. GhostG45

GhostG45

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think there should be a fourth team as well (if the Capcom as a third team was incorporated) involving characters from smaller comic book / manga companies that are less known (I bet there are few of you who even know who Rima the Jungle Girl is :p).

I dunno, just a thought. I could maybe help out by doing some terraining, but I bet you've got someone working on that already. Good luck all the same! I'll try to give out any ideas I can come up with.

17. gamerzer0

gamerzer0

Resources:
    Resources:
    naw 4 teams would be to much memory taken up plus the lanening would be insane n take for ever

18. GhostG45

GhostG45

Resources:
    Resources:

So is it two teams (DC v. Marvel) or three teams (DC v. Marvel v. Capcom)?

If it's three teams, then how will the terrain be formed? A triangle with paths from everyone's base leading into the center?

19. woxx

woxx

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes, im working with it for the moment. But you very welcome to sens us some ideas and that sort of stuff:thumbs_up:

20. shadow3

shadow3

Resources:
    Resources:
    How about this?
    [​IMG]
    All bases have 4 lanes, two against each base.
    Two of them can be accessed by the team that's "not meant" to be there, and two can't.