1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Units have been turned into heroes in our latest Icon Contest! Vote for the best icon set at the Icon Contest #18 Poll!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Has anybody done a

Discussion in 'Idea Factory' started by gamerzer0, Nov 4, 2008.

1. gamerzer0

gamerzer0

Resources:
    Resources:
    Marvel Vs Dc comics aos yet i have million ideas just no skill to carry um out im pretty much just an idea guy n would be happy to help anybody who is skilled enough to take up this task:thumbs_up:

2. woxx

woxx

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think i can help, but i need to know what "aos" is ^^, and information about the Marvel and DC Comics heros

3. Blaxor

Blaxor

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    @woxx:
    A AoS (Aoens of Strife) is a map where 2-4 teams play against each others with heros and creeps (creeps are spawned automaticly for a bot in each team that attack on their own) the object is often to destroy the other teams defence (towers) and then their castle or main building.. DotA is a AoS.

The idea is good but you can't do much of a AoS if it's not 3 teams or more since if it's 2 team AoS most will call it a DotA ripoff :hohum:

Last edited: Nov 7, 2008
  4. gamerzer0

gamerzer0

Resources:
    Resources:
    then i could add capcom in as the third team

5. woxx

woxx

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes, or some other game heros. But if i (or someoen else) can make this Aos, do you know many of the marvel, DC comics and capcom heros? And how many players for each team, should the heros ne overpower compared to the team spawns and so on

6. Blaxor

Blaxor

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    how many heros are there in all those comic? you might be able to use the villians too :grin: would be fun to use the big purple blob with one eye from marvel :grin:

7. gamerzer0

gamerzer0

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well first off theres atleast 2000 heros/villians in both marvel n dc n probly like 500-600 in capcom it not a very big franchise just equaly known 2ndly yes i know most of the rosters for all 3 and last the amount of charecters in it will be 30 10 for each side 5 heros n 5 villians we chose the heros n villians for a side dibs on marvel :p n then we go from there i would have to say ide like to put in for marvel
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] n the last 2 villans are up for debate now for heros
    course can't have spiderman enemies whitout
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and last 2 are up for debate n that's all i choose for marvel

Last edited: Nov 7, 2008
  8. Blaxor

Blaxor

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    I remember him being in the "Marvel Super Heros" :grin: i think it was for PS1:wink:

9. gamerzer0

gamerzer0

Resources:
    Resources:
    We can narrow all that Down once w e Actully have a team set up rdy to do The game

10. gamerzer0

gamerzer0

Resources:
    Resources:
    i also want ironman but his picture got cut off and yeah the blobs name is Shuma Gorath

11. woxx

woxx

Resources:
    Resources:
    If this gonna be a multiplayer map, i can easly say that we cant fully use many custom models

12. gamerzer0

gamerzer0

Resources:
    Resources:
    i know that memory n all which is why i said 30 n they don't have to be custom well all of them don't need custom model for shuma gorath just use the one eyed tentacle monster from wc there isin't any model for venom nor carnage out to my knowledge dono bout spiderman tho n there is a low file one for collosus i belive n im sure theres a low ironman
    i am adding Deadpool to the cast of heros for marvel, if any of marvels ppl would have a custom model i would like this guy to have one even if he was the only one.To reduce memory space i suggest we give 1 hero or Villan atleast one custom model or skin for each side
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 8, 2008
  13. Blaxor

Blaxor

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    you could also use a skin if needed, like demon hunter with black or red skin with some highlight etc. could amost look like carnage or venom (just change weapons to tentacle looking things)

14. gamerzer0

gamerzer0

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well that sounds cool an all but i have no idea on how to do it lol im a newbie when it comes to editor im still on newbie spell making im an idea guy/tester, venom n carnage signature is their color n eyes

Last edited: Nov 9, 2008
  15. woxx

woxx

Resources:
    Resources:
    How about i fix the a map terrain and triggers (spawning creeps, setting winning conditions and so on) and you see if you can get some specific models or skin for those characters you want. Also what of those characters that will be in the map (when i say that i mean the heros and spawns), check what spells we need for each of them and i can also add a pretty simple but working recipe system

16. gamerzer0

gamerzer0

Resources:
    Resources:
    ok ill get right on it

17. Blaxor

Blaxor

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    This might complicate the map making but I think I know a way of making a 2-team AoS original. :grin:
    [​IMG]
    Something like this, to win you need to destroy the main building in each playing field (total of 3)
    after one of them are destroyed you still need to protect your main building on the same field, all fields will also have 2 or 3 lanes. (fighting area = playing field)
    Tell me what you think of this idea. I'm giving you this since I'm working on my own map. :wink:
    Only thing I would want is to be on credits as terrain idea or something :cute:
    By the way you could also put diffrent types of tiles in each field like snow, grass and dirt :wink:

18. gamerzer0

gamerzer0

Resources:
    Resources:
    ur right that is confusing a lil bit but sure you can get credit

19. woxx

woxx

Resources:
    Resources:
    I dont get it, arent aos maps a triangel? You know, a team in each corner

20. Blaxor

Blaxor

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Dota isn't a triangle :) a AoS as far as i know is a game based on defending your main building, there is lanes where auto spawned creeps will fight to help the heroes of each team, in a 3 team aos one of the bases is in the middle in the top of the map like

lllllll.
    lllll/l\
    lll/lllll\
    ll'----'

something like that, where . and ' are bases ofcourse there is a lane from each base to the middle where most of the fighting is (i think)

I think it was in the map Spellcraft where there was a AoS mode and the Playing field was horisontal and had three lanes with the main building in the middle, so i don't see any problems with that

llllll ________
    , /_________\ ,
    ' \_________/ '
    the playing fields would be something like that

EDIT dont mind the 'l's i had to make them to make the lines stay where i want them to