• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

handles on ids of objects

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Hi everyone,

I recently took over the Monster Master RPG project by Robbepop, and am very new to the idiosyncrasies of JASS. I downloaded the JassNewGen5. For some reason it complains about hundreds of syntax errors, even though the map works fine (unedited version).

How do I get handles on the IDs of units, abilities, objects, etc. in the map, without actually having to go into the editor and find them (e.g. I want to find the ID of the hero ability holy light, or a particular custom unit)? Is there a list/table the editor keeps track of?

Thanks

-seth

Level 37
Are you talking about the raw codes of object, the ones that show up when you press Ctrl + D in object editor? For example Paladon would be 'Hpal'.

You need to check them from the object editor.

GetHandleId returns a unique id assinged to an object, for example each unit has a different handle id.

Level 15
Yes, those are what I am referring to, but also the ids of object instantiations in the map too.

For example, suppose I start using a function that takes a unit u as a parameter. While I'm writing it up, I'd like a list to pop up that gives all possible values that could fill it. Basically an autocomplete feature for arguments and values of variables. Or say I want to reference a certain doodad/gate. If I want to open it, while whatever handles that needs a handle on a particular gate in the map, it should pop up with a list of those available in the map (again very similar to an autocomplete feature).

I put an image up of what feature I'm inquiring about. In this example, nltk is a module/library, and has many sub libraries, and if I don't immediately know which I'm looking for, a long list will pop up of all valid modules that I could choose.

Attachments

• pythonautocomplete.png
    pythonautocomplete.png
    5 KB · Views: 83
Status
Not open for further replies.