• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hammer of Protection

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
Reactions: xorkatoss
Disclaimer: A spell I made for a map I'm making. I have literally never uploaded anything here, mostly because I keep this website in my highest respect and didn't feel like anything I ever made is worth of being among the insane stuff you guys make here. A friend told me that I should, and I lost the coin flip, so here goes nothing. I just hope it doesn't leak and someone can use it. Mods if something is wrong, just delete the post or something idk >.<
WARNING: At the moment, this spell is a unique cast, and thus can be only used by 1 Hero/unit at a time! Best suited for dungeon crawlers or moba maps etc. where there is only 1 of each hero, and they have unique abilities native only to them

Hammer of Protection

Creates a blessed hammer that will rotate around your hero, giving him bonus armor and flat damage reduction against melee attacks (hardened skin). Can be reactivated before expiration to launch the hammer at the target area, making you lose the buffs, and causing it to explode and damage + stun enemies in a small radius.

Since the more professional members here would likely just make something like this on their own, I'm expecting if anyone chose to use this, it's likely more of a beginner, so I included some stuff like hero attribute adding to the damage and stuff, in GUI with comments, so that the person can easily figure out how to change it and can modify the spell to his or hers needs, like make it int damaging instead of strength, change ratio, change stun to burn maybe, etc

if you chose to use this spell, please find it in your heart to PayPal me 4000 USD :peasant-ok-hand:

(credits: ThunderBoltMissile by Ubernator, Holy Blast by JesusHipster)
Contents

Hammer of Protection (Map)

An interesting spell that combines both defensive and offensive capabilities. Definitely not something that commonly came up into the mind :D
I personally find this spell pleasing and has potentials for a powerful Paladin class spell.

Here are some feedback to allow beginners a better time importing this spell:
  • Put the following abilities into Ability Code variables:
    • Channel [Hammer of Protection] (the main ability)
    • Hardened Skin (the custom Hardened Skin ability)
    • Inner Fire
    • Channel [Hammer of Wrath] (the throw ability)
  • Same goes to the Peasant dummy unit created for casting the Inner Fire
  • Provide a step by step import manual from the test map to the user map, you can check other resources on how they provide this instruction. It can be inside the map OR on the description. This includes the ability object needs to be copied, which triggers, what to set up, and so on.
  • At the current state, remember to inform the user this is currently can only be used by one hero at one time. This is important, since by default user expects a MUI spell (a spell that can be used by multiple units from multiple players)

Now, on to the spell itself:
  • The first ability, on second cast onward, does not get hidden
  • A configurable trigger is missing, this is a trigger designed to allow users to modify values without looking through all the triggers. You can check approved spells on examples of configurables.
    • Unit - Create 1 . Peasant for (Owner of HammerCaster) at (HammerCasterTempPos offset by 125.00 towards 90.00 degrees.) facing Default building facing degrees
    This particular action leaks a point since Point with Polar Offset creates a new point, so you need to create the point with another variable before using it on this action.
  • Lastly, I hope you consider looking into one of the following to get this spell into MUI:
Of course there are more, but I think these are good starting points to cover :)

Level 6
An interesting spell that combines both defensive and offensive capabilities. Definitely not something that commonly came up into the mind :D
I personally find this spell pleasing and has potentials for a powerful Paladin class spell.

Here are some feedback to allow beginners a better time importing this spell:
  • Put the following abilities into Ability Code variables:
    • Channel [Hammer of Protection] (the main ability)
    • Hardened Skin (the custom Hardened Skin ability)
    • Inner Fire
    • Channel [Hammer of Wrath] (the throw ability)
  • Same goes to the Peasant dummy unit created for casting the Inner Fire
  • Provide a step by step import manual from the test map to the user map, you can check other resources on how they provide this instruction. It can be inside the map OR on the description. This includes the ability object needs to be copied, which triggers, what to set up, and so on.
  • At the current state, remember to inform the user this is currently can only be used by one hero at one time. This is important, since by default user expects a MUI spell (a spell that can be used by multiple units from multiple players)

Now, on to the spell itself:
  • The first ability, on second cast onward, does not get hidden
  • A configurable trigger is missing, this is a trigger designed to allow users to modify values without looking through all the triggers. You can check approved spells on examples of configurables.
    • Unit - Create 1 . Peasant for (Owner of HammerCaster) at (HammerCasterTempPos offset by 125.00 towards 90.00 degrees.) facing Default building facing degrees
    This particular action leaks a point since Point with Polar Offset creates a new point, so you need to create the point with another variable before using it on this action.
  • Lastly, I hope you consider looking into one of the following to get this spell into MUI:
Of course there are more, but I think these are good starting points to cover :)
Thank you very much for the reply/feedback. It made me happy to see you find the spell interesting.

First of all, sorry about the leak, i thought i got all of them, seems i forgor one. So that is fixed. About the spell being usable only by 1 single unit, yes. I made the spell for a dungeoner map, something like sunken city, where the spell is unique to that 1 unit. It was meant to be a unique unit cast, but that is mostly because of the reason i stated later in this reply.
I added some more writing about how to import this ability to a comment trigger.
About the first ability not being hidden on second cast and onward, i genuinely don't know why that happens. I tried it on a test map, and a couple of times it works and gets hidden each time, and then some it doesn't. I tried to observe a pattern or something, but it seems to be purely random. If that is some kind of a hardcoded "unhidden abilities cannot be rehidden" kind of issue, then i guess its just gonna have to be a "throw spell appears during duration" on button position 1:1 or something. Bottom line i have no clue how to fix that :(

Now for the biggest roadblock of making this ability pass with flying colors: my triggering skills. As i said previously, i made this spell for my map with triggers within my knowledge and capability, and a friend said hey, cool spell, upload that to hive, at worst it gets deleted or a simple rating. And i honestly didnt expect much else. All of the things you suggested, unit indexer and on, are things I'm aware of existing and i understand that they could improve this spell to be bug free and also usable my many units at the same time. The only reason i didn't implement anything like that is simply... because i didnt know how. My triggering skills hit a big roadblock there. I have some knowledge about triggers, i made some buttons, some UI stuff, and i can make a buncha interesting stuff, but its usually scuffed or kind of inefficient, on behalf of my lack of knowledge. So for that reason, at this time, i cannot upgrade this spell from a unique cast to a indexed cast. Perhaps after my triggering skills grow more, or if i find someone on the hive discord with whomstve help we can take a crack at it, but for now that is in the future. As of this moment, my triggering skills hit a roadblock and im unnable to convert this spell from unique to index. Im honestly kinda happy to even see it work in the first place 😂