• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Halo for All

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Most everyone knows about Halo, it is one of the most well known games ever.

Now, most people think you have to pay to play Halo online, nope, Gearbox it turns out launched a version that is Multiplayer only, and this is why I am posting this, it is an entirely full version other than there being no campaign.

Halo Custom Edition Portable, the god of bored days at school, seeing as how it fits onto almost any USB stick, and needs no registry files or CD.

Scanned with Avira and Spybot: S&D

File

Dr. Super Good ok'd this, so take it up with him, mods.

Edit: Yes, this is legal, Yes, I know it is kinda big, but there are Wc3 maps bigger than this on the site.

Edit2: Heading this off early, Ghost765 is crazy pants about me uploading this, take everything he says as potentially false.

Edit3: Instructions!!!
Step 1: Download
Step 2: Extract, it is a ZIP so most operating systems can do it
Step 3: Install, make sure when you install you make a new folder, it doesn't do it auto, and will just install in Microsoft Games instead of Microsoft Games/Halo
Step 4: Frag fest!

Edit4(wow, lotsa edit): This has Online Multiplayer, not just Lan

Another thing: It is only 80mb :D

Edit5: Someone asked about this in chat, This is a STANDALONE VERSION, Nothing else (except DirectX9.0c) is needed, doesn't even need an ISO Mount Tool, it is just a bare EXE in a Zip

Edit6: Now with a working CRC check, Mediafire seems to have corrupted it.

Last edited:
Level 19
Oooooooooolllddd!!!
But yeah, Custom Edition is great, I love it.

For those of you who don't know, it supports custom maps, which are, again, great, and even an improved custom campaign. Yep, it is possible to play it single player, though the files are about... 1.5-2 GB or so altogether, which is annoying.

Level 15
hmmm, never thought of that..

Definitely won't use rapidshare, I think the limited slots thing is a lie

I guess I'll put it on Mediafire if Ralle yells at me, I hope he doesn't before my connection upgrades (better intarwebs, yayz)

Level 17
Edit: Yes, this is legal, Yes, I know it is kinda big, but there are Wc3 maps bigger than this on the site.

no, it's not legal.

The Halo Custom Edition game (Halo CE) is a free unsupported upgrade and standalone program that will install alongside of your Halo PC game. Unlike Halo PC The Halo CE game allows you to play and or create custom maps for multiplayer on-line play. All map files and utilities on this website are for the Halo CE game only. You must own a licensed copy of Halo PC, have the CDROM and the license key in order to install this game.

http://hce.halomaps.org/

i'm a dick. hello.

Level 16
well, can you extract this? my winzip says its damaged, and winrar says that it is corrupted...do anybody extracted and run it successfully yet?

anyways, i didn't try redownloading yet, i need everyone's feedback...anyone got this prob? ..maybe reupload?

Level 4
Did you ever play Metroid Online Mod for Halo Custom Edition? It rocks!
Also, I suggest you also try Chronopolis - it's got Bulldogs. Oh, yeah. No, I don't mean the savage killer dogs, I mean motorbikes with miniguns on them.

Level 19
Lol, something probably went wrong for me, but when I tried to play that with friends, there weren't any weapons or powerups and such, all you had was your basic blaster. It sucked.
Chronopolis was decent, but my favourites are H2-Zanzibar and Chaos Gulch.

Status
Not open for further replies.