• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Halo PC: Still fun to play?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Now, I'm sure most of you are having fun with your 360's and your Halo 3s, but for us PC boys, we've got Halo: Combat Evolved. Now, I got it recently in the only way I know how (the pirate way!), and I must say, I've had lots of fun playing multiplayer. Sure, they complain about it being slightly glitchy and such, but I've enjoyed every game I played. The only annoyance I could find is that most games nowadays are filled with Spanish players, so I'm usually left out of the loop. But my teammates are smart and know what to do, so I have no real issue as long as they don't shoot me.

And before I forget, I understand the game is about seven years old, but I don't care. Halo: Combat Evolved is my favorite out of the trilogy (since the first game's armor is so badass looking and the feel for it is just so much... better than in the other two games). So... does anyone here still play this game? If so, do you enjoy it as much as I do? If not, why?

[Discuss]

Level 17
Sorry, what? I was busy playing Halo 3.

Oh, combat evolved.

I'll be honest here, the multiplayer sucks balls compared to many many many games with better multiplayer. The only worthwhile thing in that is the Single player which is by far, the best single player campaign of the trilogy (In accordance to the time it was released, I mean)

Yeah... back to Halo 3

Level 15
I'll admit that I do get lag every once in awhile, but it doesn't take too much away from the overall experience. It's pretty easy to find a good server, though. The lower it's Ping is, the better connection you have. I play on a server called "shotgun assault", and it's ping is approx. 75, so I'm alright.

Level 15
Halo Wars won't be for PC. The dev said so. Although Microsoft MIGHT make a port... but it's awhile before it comes.

And yeah, what new versions? I believe I have it patched thoroughly. It's a pity I can't play Custom Edition, though. Is Custom Edition good? Do alot of people play?

Level 17
Everyone plays Custom edition, no one gives a shit about Combat Evolved. Because Custom Edition is the only reason its alive.

AKA, Mods. Like flying Pelicans, making custom maps, etc.

And if you want to play the others just buy an Xbox, its cheap as shit now and there's really no reason to buy it. Lots of good games for it already and still counting

Level 15
I wish I could play custom edition. Pity I'm too cheap to go out and buy it! I've got a question about it, though: is there less lag and such in custom edition?

Level 19
You dont have to buy custom edition, you can use the normal Halo CD key for it (Or download it off torrent.
The lag is the same on normal maps but there are many maps with better graphics, hence, more lag, but not much more...
It takes ages to open up though D:

Level 15
I knew you don't need to buy it. But I have a cracked game, hence no cd-key. The cd-key I typed in was literally "XXXX-XXXX..." etc.

But since there is still lag, I guess its not really worth my time.

Status
Not open for further replies.