• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Halo: Combat Evolved: Anniversary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Oh hai thar! Any of you paid for the Anniversary edition of CE ? I did, it's pretty
nice. You can select if you want the remastered sound/graphics or the classic
ones, ofcourse, I have not yet finished the game (Hardly started first stage) so
I can't say how much is changed in the "new" version. The first CE was a
master piece, sadly enough, I lost the disc, so I had to buy the Anniversary
Edition. Share your thoughts about Halo: Combat Evolved and how much you
care about the Anniversary Edition, is it just a waste of your cash or will you
buy it like I did.

Level 11
This game would probably be the only reason why i would get a 360, to me the first one was the best halo of the series, and this just looks really amazing, guess i should start saving up my money now :D

I started playing Halo: CE at age six. I love it to fuck, even MOAR than Wc3. For me, it is by far the best Halo.

Halo: CEA was a bit disappointing, though I guess it is just a remastering of an old game and not a full game. I bought it the day it came in stores (15th of 11th) :D Some bits reminded me of the first time I payed Halo and the truly epic moments. However, the campaign does not look on par with modern shooters and I really wish they added a full new multi-player experience exactly the same as CE's, instead of just using Reach's engine. Still, it was certainly worth its price, and makes me feel nostalgic.

EDIT: Btw, I STILL play Halo: CE on PC :p True fanboy.

Level 15
It was really a great opportunity for me to play Halo: CE for the first time, since I don't own an Xbox back then and I can't find Halo CE for PC in my country. So yeah, its pretty cool I guess. And I realized that Halo 1 has lengthy set of chapters unlike the latest Halo franchise, also, its great to know how Halo look like back then and I had an all new perspective for the entire franchise.

Also, I haven't played Halo 2, so its kinda shameful.

Level 16
@GhostThruster; It is only a remastering of the old game, however, I did wish to see the
OLD Multiplayer gameplay that was in the original, instead of the Reach version =/
For some the anniversary edition might seem to be just a money waste, because afterall,
it is only a remastered version of a already published game.

Level 36
The graphics update alone makes it worth buying, but the fact that you can switch between the two engines (old graphics and new) is just icing on the fucking cake. Played it through co-op with my girlfriend and had a ridiculous amount of fun. There's still nothing quite like the original Halo as far as FPS games go.

Status
Not open for further replies.