• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Half-Baked Ideas Need coding expert advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I am writing each of these in both 'tech-speak' and 'artist-speak' it is my hope that somewhere, somehow they will come together and be understood. I apologize in advance, my tech-speak is not as good as my artist-speak.

Half-Baked 1

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Half-Baked 2

Tech-Speak
A dialog menu that pops up after game difficulty is selected. This menu features large "oversized" pictures of each persona along with the option to select that one as your avatar for the game. Each persona will have different powers and bonuses.

Artist-Speak
A pop up menu with big avatar pictures a total of 6. Each of these avatars can simply be mouse-clicked on to choose your persona. No clicking on taverns required, you simply select from an elegant menu.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(That's all for today, those two really drained me)

Last edited:
Level 12
Aw..............
This can DEFINITLY be done.... I've seen it before..........

I don't know exactly how to do it..... but.... take a look at some Extended inventory spells....

It would be similar to that only the "event" code would be different and there would be choices rather then item slots... and there would probably be a little message like
-"People aren't paying enough money.... Raise Taxes?"
--Choice: (Raise Taxes Button), (Don't raise Taxes Button)

Level 9
Just some clarification.

I am NOT requesting a means to add extra slots or inventory space. What I want to do is make a dialog on initiation that shows separate avatar pictures which are selectable. I want to make them bigger than the standard icon size, up to 2x2 inventory icons each. If I need to, I suppose I could make them as inventory pieces that are just divided up into smaller buttons.

But I'll need to have fixed slot assignment for each piece.

Has anyone ever seen a sliding tile puzzle?

But I don't need them to slide, I need them to form a larger image.

This is for Time Management, avatar selection.

Thanks,

~SilverSong

Level 24
Hmmmm . . . I am not sure if you can attach images to a dialog box. I am not the greatest trigger by any means though so it may indeed be possible. I just have not seen any dailog boxes with pictures before and if it was possible you would thinnk that there would be more of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.