• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Request] Complex Edit to Wc3 Data Files

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been working on a race mod recently, but I face an annoying problem. I found a way to edit the popup menu for selecting a race, and added two races to it. (I edited UI\FrameDef\Glue\PlayerSlot.fdf, it's in the war3xLocal.mpq file)

I uploaded a picture of the modded popup window.

But my true problem is this: the extra two races I added do not actually function. When I click on them, it selects random instead. As is shown in my picture I replaced random with a notification that races will be selected in-game, but I wish I had the option of making the races actually selectable.

So, my request is for someone who knows where in the deep coding of wc3 (possibly a dll, or some file in an MPQ?) is and who can edit it to program it to handle eight races on that menu instead of four (five choices if you count random)

I know this is a very odd thing to ask for, but I just thought I'd throw it out there for anyone willing to help.

Basically all I need is a function edit for the game so that it can register clicking the new races.

Edit: I uploaded a second picture of the race menu that displays the entire screen.

Attachments

• Races.PNG
    Races.PNG
    30.3 KB · Views: 137
  • Races2.PNG
    Races2.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Level 12
hum.... make in-game race selections? using triggers you can make yourself have unlimited races in-game but... if you modify anyhting about the real WC3 itself, everyone will have to have that modification in order to run your map

Status
Not open for further replies.