• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model Request: Armored Orc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Model Request: Black Orc

Hello readers.

I'm working on an RPG with different races and special features.
I will have 9 races with each 3 classes.
One of those races will be the Orcs.

Here's my question:

I would really like a model that looks like the picture I added.

It will become the class based on Strength abilities with high armor and defensive abilities. He will be a sort of a Tank.
Here's some information about the Black Orcs (from warhammer)
http://www.warhammeronline.com/english/gameInfo/armiesofWAR/Greenskins/Careers/BlackOrc.php
Actually this is a 100% copycat Idea of warhammer, but it's such a cool orc 'model' I really want it inside Wc3 too.

Thanks for reading.:)

For more information about my project, check my signature below and click the link.

EDIT: added another screenshot that might help.

Attachments

• CD_BlackOrc.jpg
    CD_BlackOrc.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 559
  • Orc_14.jpg
    Orc_14.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 1,432
Last edited:
Level 19
I was thinking.

This could be done with changing the Rexxar model to a big armored orc. However then it would be hard to give it a shield due the animations.
The skull on his shoulder looks like the one on the 'Bones' doodad from Barrens tileset.
I don't know about the shield, but I could maybe import one as an attachment so the shield wouldn't be needed very much.
If I'm not mistaken his left shoulder (right on pic) looks pretty much like one from the Felguard shoulders.
His head item might be a problem because I can't find things that look like it in game. But isn't it a nice challenge?:D And isn't it such a nice model?:D

But still I think the Rexxar/Beastaster would be the best model to edit for this. But I can't do it myself.:sad:

If you want more information about the project you can just ask me here.

Level 19
Another picture (and a sneaky BUMP!)
This picture is from the miniature game most of you probably know of.
Warhammer.

black_orcs.jpg

Attachments

• black_orcs.jpg
    black_orcs.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 4,736
Level 19
So, you want a Hero over a normal unit? No decay, but a dissipate?

It will become a hero.
But I don't mind what you make. A normal unit or a hero doesnt matter for me.
I can always add the hero glow ingame to it, and the decay or dissipate wont matter, because if you make it a hero ingame it will dissipate anyway.
What's easiest to make fits to me.

Level 31
OK then. I based it off of the Beast master, so it's not very compatiable with sheilds, but has two axes. The Face and upper arem's ar not completely covered, but everything else is in armor. The helmet looks fairly good in my opinion.

Attachments

• BlackOrc.mdx
    190.3 KB · Views: 181
Level 19
OK then. I based it off of the Beast master, so it's not very compatiable with sheilds, but has two axes. The Face and upper arem's ar not completely covered, but everything else is in armor. The helmet looks fairly good in my opinion.

Looks very great.
Just one little thing missing if I may tell:grin:. It has no portrait.

but even withoud it's a nice model.

Thanks alot.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.