• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Make a mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hello
I am trying to create a mod for Warcraft 3 adding a fifth race in the melee maps. Project description here: Warcraft IIII : A Realm Reborn.

For it :
  • First I created a .mpq containing all new units, new spells, etc.
  • Second I created a Race Index system : I used handicap value to determine which race player has selected. On the drop-down menu of race selection, the first(default) item corresponds to handicap value 100, the second item corresponds to 1, the third item corresponds to 2, and so on... The menu's setting file can be found in: UI\FrameDef\Glue\PlayerSlot.fdf
  • Third I changed the sequence defined in UI/war3skins.txt adding the fifth race.
Until then all works and I can load the mod: the screen is good, the fifth race appears on the screen.
Last problem: when I select "Human" for example, the game starts "Human", "Undead", "Night Elf" or "Orc". So I have to change the Scripts\Blizzard.j with the establishment of starting units.
Only I do not quite understand the GUI, much less the JASS. In Warcraft IIII : Nirvana, it was done and it works fine.
Someone can help me? Otherwise I can not complete my project.

PS. Sorry for English mistakes, I am French.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.