• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hacker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TpM

TpM

Level 3
Saw him in the bot Gaias's game just now.
Obviously his hacker (lvl50)---- still trying to help newbies 'WOW'
The SS. \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/
WC3ScrnShot_070310_200143_01.jpg

Two things:
1) What do you expect me to do about that? As he obviously hacked he wouldn't have a problem to repeat that to create another 50 character as soon as I would ban him from the map.
2) Who cares? This is not a MMORPG. You are not paying to play this map. If you don't like to play with hackers, just leave the game or gank him as a team to force him to leave.

Please stop posting threads like that. Nobody is helped with that.

TpM

TpM

Level 3
Alright. I just think that why he hack? Whats the point of hacking it show off?

Level 2
What proof do you have that he hacked.. None that i can see, level 50 is easy to get to. Ogres give experience all the way to 50.
All you need is the time and patience to do it.

TpM

TpM

Level 3
Well...... I don't believe anyone has the patient to grind orge until you gets level50 cause it takes seriously way longer than you expect. Proof it if you want me to believe. Anyway we can't do anything too.

Level 2
I dont need to prove it, just because you dont belive it. Sure there are people out there that hack to get gear and levels. But your screen shot proves nothing as it is very easy to get to 50 the normal way... So before you go off accusing people of hacking, get better proof. Most hackers give them selves mass amounts of gold and mana crystals, so kill him and click on his grave stone if you think he is hacking.

TpM

TpM

Level 3
Well I don't know why you are here quarreling with me or helping the bad guy..... heres the SS....
WC3ScrnShot_070910_161143_01.jpg

Convinced?

Level 11
I have seen plenty of lvl 40+ in this game already... its not hard to level up at all. There is nothing on him that looks like he is cheating. And don't you get the fact that maybe he finished the game and he is helping out newbies to get more players involved? I mean what else can he do now?

Don't be jealous of someone else like this... and then try to pin it on them that they are a "Hacker"

I'm also pretty sure the save/load codes are well encrypted.

And no. NO ONE here is convinced

TpM

TpM

Level 3
Well.... look at how he add his stats dude.
You will never need that much mana in anywhere.
If he really a pro why would he do that?
From your post I can tell that you're a newbie or HACKER like him.
And yes there is 40+s but impossible to get to 50 unless spend more than two or three days grinding orges or killing fl continuously its totally a waste of time.
WHO WOULD DO THAT.
YOU?
By the way I finished the game too. Whats up? Its not easy to get to level50.

Level 17
This bickering does not aid this sub-forum at all, nor does it benefit Gaia's Retaliation at all. You should both drop it and let this thread rot. Zwiebelchen has already stated that there is nothing he can do (whether this person is a hacker or not) about it.

Also, TpM., you shouldn't go around throwing sticks and stones. Calling forsakener, or even this guy in the screenshots, a hacker without proof is immature and pointless.

TpM

TpM

Level 3
I agreed that this thread should just rot by itself. Well but the guy in the screen shot obviously his a hacker. Although it does not shows he hacks but you can tell by lvl50 and how he adds his stats and his the first 50 I saw. Never mind. No point arguing for his hacker or not. I'll stop.

Its not the encryption of the savecodes that makes it easy for hackers to manipulate data. It's the lack of methods to protect the map itself from opening it in the editor.
I already saw countless forums that stated they have succesfully "hacked" the map. In fact, its not that hard. All you need is a certain tool that repairs the damages to the mapfiles vexorians optimizer does.

They are not able to read the code nor edit anything vital in the map, as all the things that make the map readable by the human eye are gone (code spaces, comments, trigger orders, strings, etc.). However, they can always implement the usual cheat tools (usually written in awkward GUI; which makes me upset that such script-lowbirds are actually able to hack the map) to the code to make the hero invulnerable, set level, etc. ... or they just place the items they need on the map before playing it.

The awesome thing is: When 1.2 is done, hackers will still be able to hack their character to level 50. However, the item cheating will be gone, as the items are no longer placable without reading and understanding of the map's script. Sad thing they could still hunt bosses with invulnerable characters, but at least it makes it a bit harder for those people (and time consuming).

Reactions: TpM

TpM

TpM

Level 3
Why would post if you don't care? If you don't care you would not even bother to see this thread. And please DO NOT post nonsense next time. When did i say or what makes you think that I thought anyone cares?

Level 4
Okay alright, lets go

First of all, I dont play this map, I dont play warcraft, I dont play computer games. I dont play games at all. That however, still does not prevent me from taking 1 minute or less to make such a response.

And the undeniable truth remains that this thread is to be considered as spam and you know it. Should thine mind not comprehend the message I bring, then my point is proven. Just another one of those uneducated kids :)

Level 7
Who the F*** Cares if he's a hacker or not? It's not your problem, It's his. SO, stop this s***fest going on and on and graveyard this thread... Or maybe not...
Kinda interesting... That anyone would make something like this. I've played this map, and reached lvl 50 (I think it was with some archer or sumthin). It's not that hard to reach. I've reached it in like 2 days. Compared to other games, it's not that long.

TpM

TpM

Level 3
I've played this map, and reached lvl 50 (I think it was with some archer or sumthin). It's not that hard to reach. I've reached it in like 2 days. Compared to other games, it's not that long.

Speechless.

Level 2
I have a great deal of respect for you Zweib, fantastic map, how ever, your wrong about the xp from ogres...

All the way to level 50, you get 7 xp from them. I dont hack, never have never will, and i dont have a level 50, i have 2 chars both in mid 40's and i watched a friend farm ogres for days get to 50. I have not played in quite a while, but if i remember correctly, a lap of the ogres and the 3 vultures you can reach from the fence was about 103xp a lap. And i always played the version being hosted by gaia clan on us east.

Anyway, you guys really need to actually try it before criticising everyone else who has taken the time to do it.

I have a great deal of respect for you Zweib, fantastic map, how ever, your wrong about the xp from ogres...

All the way to level 50, you get 7 xp from them. I dont hack, never have never will, and i dont have a level 50, i have 2 chars both in mid 40's and i watched a friend farm ogres for days get to 50. I have not played in quite a while, but if i remember correctly, a lap of the ogres and the 3 vultures you can reach from the fence was about 103xp a lap. And i always played the version being hosted by gaia clan on us east.

Anyway, you guys really need to actually try it before criticising everyone else who has taken the time to do it.

Hmm ... didnt know that. In that case, I'm sorry and meant the opposite. :>

Level 1
ok, its MAYBE possibe to get level 50.
but what about 100k gold and 63 m stones?
that cheater 100%

100k gold and 63 stones is not hard to get, 63 stones can be gotten in one day, and 100k gold can easily be farmed in the amount of grinding it would take to get level 50. But, seriously, talking about a person and accusing them of hacking, posting a thread in the topic for the game in subforums online, is definately crossing the line. Especially when you post so many times. Something like this isn't even worth a 2-minute conversation on B.Net.

Level 4
100k gold and 63 stones is not hard to get, 63 stones can be gotten in one day, and 100k gold can easily be farmed in the amount of grinding it would take to get level 50. But, seriously, talking about a person and accusing them of hacking, posting a thread in the topic for the game in subforums online, is definately crossing the line. Especially when you post so many times. Something like this isn't even worth a 2-minute conversation on B.Net.

I agree with you "Isn't even worth" just let the "hacker" be around wasting time in a no fun way for sure if he is a hacker.

An1 can tell me what clans still play this map in what servers and if someone is actually working to revive the project. :vw_wtf:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Unless a map employes WC3 engine bias specific encryption, people like me can literally cut and paste the save system into doing our bidding in under an hour (for most maps, more complex ones with more values can take longer).

The idea to protect against "hackers" is to simply prevent one from loading stuff that can not be farily obtained. Thus it is impossible to tell if someone gens himself a code or plays fairly so there is no way people can argue over the subject.

Level 4
"If I tell you that it is impossible to reach level 50 without abusing the 1 xp glitch of ogres, why are there still people claiming that it is possible to do that? "

Well said zwieble, ive just ran into my 3-4th hacker of the game, sad story after him saying hes a mapmaker too.
The difference in the game to knowing if your a hacker, the fact that i havent seen them in my entire life, when everyone knows i played this game 24/7, the fact im seeing their name for the first time is sad

It doesnt give any exp, why would i say they dont? what do i care?

ncommand-, you failed to read the later post by him, correcting himself, stating that you can actually gain 7 EXP per kill no matter what level you are, off of ogres. Not 1 EXP.
Btw I'm the "hacker" that he speaks of, I played with him an hour ago and he raged at me, accusing me of hacking because I was above level 40.
And he actually has seen me twice before. I was on his friends list and he was sending /f m's at me constantly.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Pah you do not know the meaning of hackers.

Back in the old days of the second revivsion of TKoK (were on the third of fourth) I loaded a level 250 hero (max was 40 fairly). I could literally solo all bosses it was so insanly powerful.
Stop arguing over 1 level above the "maximum".

I've been saying this whole time that this thread ought to just be closed, because nobody "hacked".
People throw the word around constantly without really thinking.
And I'm not above the maximum level, either. Max level is 50.
Also, you cannot be over the maximum level without changing the map itself to allow a higher level; you cannot simply load a cheated code from a hacked map, you have to play on a hacked map for anything like that to work.
Btw I'm not the person in the screenshots earlier, I'm just the person ncommand- was speaking of a few hours ago when he accused me of "hacking".
Firstly, I did not hack and did not cheat. Secondly, there is a difference between hacking and cheating. Don't credit some stupid petty cheater of "hacking". Anyone who cheats for RPG codes is too pathetic, and most likely does not have the slightest idea how to actually hack. Hack does not mean cheating. And I neither hacked nor cheated.

In order to actually BE that level while playing, though, the map itself would have to allow for a level that high.
Say, for example, a max level in a game is 10. No matter what code you use, in order to be higher than 10, the map would have to allow higher than 10. Even if you build your code to load as level 30, it isn't possible to load at a level of 30 unless the script in the map allows you to make yourself level 30.
In the case of the noobs complaining here, though, the maximum level in the game IS 50. Nobody (in this thread, at least) has complained of seeing higher than 50.

Status
Not open for further replies.