1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 have revealed interesting works. The RESULTS for Abelhawk's Mini-Mapping Contest #15 have come out!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Night Rider gained several songs for his journey. The poll for the 12th Music Contest has started. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Gaias Bots

Discussion in 'Gaias Retaliation ORPG' started by S0ulseeker, May 16, 2016.

1. S0ulseeker

S0ulseeker

Resources:
    Resources:
    Since Gaias now requires the map bypasser to play we are now running two bots for Gaias. Our old bot "Gaias" will continue to host v1.2c(10) to inform players about the new bot and how to download the Gaias bypasser. Our new bot "GaiasGold" will host the newest GOLD versions of gaias that require the gaias bypasser.

Bot Name: GaiasGold
    - Hosts on: USWest.bnet, USEast.bnet, Europe.bnet, Asia.bnet
    Current Versions: 1.2c(18)
    Bot Statistics: gaiasgold

Admins:
    - s0ulseeker @USWest/East
    - vakarlan @USWest
    - dgd-kamina @USwest
    - shblade @Europe.battle.net

Banned:
    - pu55y_pucker - Hacker
    - berserkbeast - Ninja Looter
    - denapis - Hacker/Game Ruining

============

Bot Name: Gaias
    - Hosts on: USWest.bnet, USEast.bnet, Europe.bnet, Asia.bnet, eurobattle.net
    - Unfortunately it's not hosting on Garena at the moment.
    Current Version: 1.2c(18)
    Bot Statistics: Gaias

Admins:
    - S0ulseeker @USWest
    - DGD-Kamina @USWest
    - ihazdialup @USwest
    - box_of_faith @USwest
    - EUArchangel @USwest

Banned:
    (none at the moment, way to play nice guys! :D)

All questions regarding the bot(s) please post here so either I or another admin can clarify them. Thanks

ORIGINAL POST:
    =========================================================
    Hello everyone,

It appears the bots currently went offline earlier today because they need to be paid. I'd be more than happy to pay for the bots, but I'm having difficulties finding out exactly Where to pay on the Lunaghost website. Does anyone know how to do it? Or can anyone get in contact with O_OSamuel? I believe he is the actual bot owner :D

Thanks!
    =========================================================

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
  2. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Just a random question; do we actually need the hostbots, since we can now host on MMH directly from Hive?

3. S0ulseeker

S0ulseeker

Resources:
    Resources:
    The bots are not "needed" players were always able to host via, MMH or other means, but what the bots DID do was bring consistency. Players always knew where a game would be hosted at via the bot, in addition to bringing new players to the community, and advertised popular garena groups, clans on bnet, and discord.

If a strict MMH no bot method route was taken, you'd get players only making games for premades or for themselves and you'd be lacking out on new player base that the bot brought in. Not to mention many games would go unnoticed

Edit: it should be noted the bot hosts via garena as well linking the communities together and increasing player base (or at least it did before the bnet update. I don't think garena is updated to 1.27 yet)

Last edited: May 16, 2016
  4. MiroBG

MiroBG

Resources:
    Resources:
    So when I was not able to join the bots noone would join me on MMH your answer was that the bots brought the community together and Soul replied to me "why would I join MMH when 90% of the ppl play on hb" and now you ask do we actually need em? Just go and pay man :D

5. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Wait, you ask *me* to pay for the hosting bots? I don't even play that much. XD

The thing is; I can funnel some patreon funds into the bot, but I'd still need to moderate and run them then... which is not something I have the time for. So...
    @S0ul: if you are willing to moderate and run the bots, go ahead. I could do a paypal transfer to pay for a couple of months from the Patreon funds.

6. S0ulseeker

S0ulseeker

Resources:
    Resources:
    I have no problem moderating the bots (i already am) and I was just going to pay for it myself, I just don't know HOW to pay for the bot on the lunaghost website. The interface is really dumb and not exactly user friendly

7. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Maybe you can ask some other bot users here in the help section? I'm pretty sure there is a number of makers here that do run their own bots.

8. Jumbo

Jumbo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Love you S0ul .. tell me if you need my $$ for support too. Charity is my thing

9. MiroBG

MiroBG

Resources:
    Resources:
    pls sponsor me for a new pc then?:D

10. Ira

Ira

Resources:
    Resources:
    the most important thing is that the bot and gamenames remain (so he needs the same hosting service since they own the bots name right?)

11. Ira

Ira

Resources:
    Resources:
    no changes in the bot status? still only the gaias dungeon bot running?

12. sluk

sluk

Resources:
    Resources:
    why dont we go on the gaias dungeon bot?

13. S0ulseeker

S0ulseeker

Resources:
    Resources:
    I just purchased a new bot, but I'm in the process of trying to set it up and I am having some issues. Does anyone know how I should config the .cfg file so the bot loads the map correctly?

14. sluk

sluk

Resources:
    Resources:
    i dont know but the name of the bot is gaias?

15. S0ulseeker

S0ulseeker

Resources:
    Resources:
    Okay the new bot should be working, bot name is Gaias it hosts as Gaias ORPG #. So far it only hosts on USWest on battle.net and does not give any clan messages. I will be updating it over the next few days

16. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Great work man. I hope I can finish this soon so we can update the bot to 1.2C ASAP.

17. Ira

Ira

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thats to bad. someone took my name for USWest and i dont want to start over again. hope you will get it to the other servers soon.

18. SaikoDeMoN

SaikoDeMoN

Resources:
    Resources:
    s0ul added all the official realms. Just so he can get an idea of where the general player base is situated: vote here (where you have the lowest ping)

I've also set up the bot for eurobattle.net, for those who can't access official servers. Feel free to try it out and give feedback.

Last edited: May 30, 2016
  19. S0ulseeker

S0ulseeker

Resources:
    Resources:
    The servers are switched back to Germany (same as the old bot)

20. 0.mY.g0d

0.mY.g0d

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks for your effort :thumbs_up: