1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 have revealed interesting works. The RESULTS for Abelhawk's Mini-Mapping Contest #15 have come out!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Night Rider gained several songs for his journey. The poll for the 12th Music Contest has started. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Gaias Bots

Discussion in 'Gaias Retaliation ORPG' started by S0ulseeker, May 16, 2016.

1. S0ulseeker

S0ulseeker

Resources:
    Resources:
    In addition to the bot guys we also have this website:
    http://gaias.lunaghost.com/

From this website you can check various things such as:
    1. What games are currently being hosted & who's in the lobbys
    2. Who plays the most on the bot (how many games/hours etc.)
    3. Who, if anyone, is currently banned
    4. Who the admins are

Enjoy!

2. sluk

sluk

Resources:
    Resources:
    now... when i join the bot there is 80% that i am alone...

3. Ira

Ira

Resources:
    Resources:
    i imagine that alot of people are waiting for 1.2c

4. sluk

sluk

Resources:
    Resources:
    i know but it is still its stupit :D

5. MiroBG

MiroBG

Resources:
    Resources:
    I will be nolifing it when it comes out :D Legendaries gotta have em all :p

6. sluk

sluk

Resources:
    Resources:
    i am waiting for 1.2C too but i just wanna do it with as much as chars possible
    but i dont have that much chars high lvl

7. Harashu

Harashu

Resources:
    Resources:
    One question, it is hosting only 1 game atm? :<
    I mean when there is already running game it will not create another?

EDIT

Im just retard who put wrong game name and miss game with awesome people, fml

8. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I never see the Gaias games in the game lobby on bnet. Dunno why; the bot seems not very aggressive in terms of making the game visible. In comparison, I always see the outdated dungeon bot in the lobby list...

9. S0ulseeker

S0ulseeker

Resources:
    Resources:
    Let's say the bot is hosting game: "Gaias ORPG #3" and it fills up an the game starts. game #3 will still be hosted and continue to be played by the players in the game, but the bot will autohost "Gaias ORPG #4" immediately after. I believe the bot will host up to 10 games simultaneously, which is more than enough in my opinion.

Hmmm...that's odd. I never really had that issue, and I see new players joining/downloading the bot all the time, but I'll look into it. Although I don't really think the bot has any control over that, that's more on blizzard.

At the end of the day though, aside new players, I don't think it's the end of the world since you can always type /whereis gaias, /f a gaias, or even use the http://gaias.lunaghost.com/ website to keep track of games within the bot

10. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    It was just an observation I've made. Maybe I was just unlucky. If you say that many new players join, then I guess everything is fine.

11. SaikoDeMoN

SaikoDeMoN

Resources:
    Resources:
    Conversely, I can always see the new bot but have never seen the old farm/dungeon bots on the list. There's nothing we or the hosting service guys can do about it, it's up to battle.net RNG

12. Harashu

Harashu

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ikr, just put wrong gn (without orpg) and was confused :D

13. S0ulseeker

S0ulseeker

Resources:
    Resources:
    The bot's now updated to 1.2c(3) sorry for the delay guys, didn't notice there was a new version out :D

EDIT: Zwiebel, is there anyway I can get this thread sticky'd to the forums so I can post updates about the bot or answer any questions people may have about bot problems or issues? both of the ones stickyed now are outdated

14. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Made this sticky and unsticked the other two bot threads, since they have become outdated.

15. S0ulseeker

S0ulseeker

Resources:
    Resources:
    Cheers, thanks! I'll try my best to keep it updated

16. ALEXz407

ALEXz407

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Just throwing some ideas :)
    Ideas
    Is it possible to show running games on this page: http://gaias.lunaghost.com/running/ ?
    Currently it shows only lobby and loading maps. Active sessions disappear from this list shortly after game start.

Also it would be cool to show online graph. Just count all players in lobby and active sessions periodically ( every 5 mins for example ) and save to DB. It will be very convenient to find best time for a party search.

And can you modify hostbot files, or it provided as is and you can only change some configs? (i guess rules are here: https://www.lunaghost.com/ghost so source code mods allowed, but not guaranteed. Anyway it will require C++ programmer work)

Top Players list is empty at main page and there are "No posts" message in news (i guess) section. Can you do something with this?
    Footer position based on content height looks strange nowadays, can you alter css and pin it to page bottom? And generic night elf background, maybe replace it with something Gaias related?
    It's very cool that you maintain hostbot! Thank you for all the work you put in this.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2016
  17. S0ulseeker

S0ulseeker

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the kind words! I like the suggestions you posted Alex, but unfortunately I do not have much access to a control panel on the statistic aspect of the hosting service. What's done on the site is done and can't be changed. I would check out this script that @DrizztDoUrden created:
    http://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/gaias-lobby-viewer.285369/
    It's gone mostly ignored but does some neat things such as
    Notification types implemented:
    • Amount of players in lobby
    • Game with specific player started.

Features that I will maybe add someday:
    • Showing games in progress.
    • Notification when any player joins.
    • Notification when player from some list joins.
    • Possibility to specify players via nick@server. Atm they are identified only by nick.

18. Narzina

Narzina

Resources:
    Resources:
    Since yesterday the bot has not been hosting on eurobattle.net. Any chance this can be fixed? Thanks.

19. SaikoDeMoN

SaikoDeMoN

Resources:
    Resources:
    I was a couple days late on doing the monthly renewal of the gaias account or whatever on eurobattle (what an annoying system). Thanks for reporting.

20. s41nt

s41nt

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hello, i joined eurobattle.net but i dont see any bot games of gaias :) maybe you stopped creating it?