• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gaias Bots

Level 10
Since Gaias now requires the map bypasser to play we are now running two bots for Gaias. Our old bot "Gaias" will continue to host v1.2c(10) to inform players about the new bot and how to download the Gaias bypasser. Our new bot "GaiasGold" will host the newest GOLD versions of gaias that require the gaias bypasser.

Bot Name: GaiasGold
- Hosts on: USWest.bnet, USEast.bnet, Europe.bnet, Asia.bnet
Current Versions: 1.2c(18)
Bot Statistics: gaiasgold

Admins:
- s0ulseeker @USWest/East
- vakarlan @USWest
- dgd-kamina @USwest
- shblade @Europe.battle.net

Banned:
- pu55y_pucker - Hacker
- berserkbeast - Ninja Looter
- denapis - Hacker/Game Ruining

============

Bot Name: Gaias
- Hosts on: USWest.bnet, USEast.bnet, Europe.bnet, Asia.bnet, eurobattle.net
- Unfortunately it's not hosting on Garena at the moment.
Current Version: 1.2c(18)
Bot Statistics: Gaias

Admins:
- S0ulseeker @USWest
- DGD-Kamina @USWest
- ihazdialup @USwest
- box_of_faith @USwest
- EUArchangel @USwest

Banned:
(none at the moment, way to play nice guys! :D)

All questions regarding the bot(s) please post here so either I or another admin can clarify them. Thanks

ORIGINAL POST:
=========================================================
Hello everyone,

It appears the bots currently went offline earlier today because they need to be paid. I'd be more than happy to pay for the bots, but I'm having difficulties finding out exactly Where to pay on the Lunaghost website. Does anyone know how to do it? Or can anyone get in contact with O_OSamuel? I believe he is the actual bot owner :D

Thanks!
=========================================================

Last edited:
Level 10
The bots are not "needed" players were always able to host via, MMH or other means, but what the bots DID do was bring consistency. Players always knew where a game would be hosted at via the bot, in addition to bringing new players to the community, and advertised popular garena groups, clans on bnet, and discord.

If a strict MMH no bot method route was taken, you'd get players only making games for premades or for themselves and you'd be lacking out on new player base that the bot brought in. Not to mention many games would go unnoticed

Edit: it should be noted the bot hosts via garena as well linking the communities together and increasing player base (or at least it did before the bnet update. I don't think garena is updated to 1.27 yet)

Last edited:
Level 5
Just a random question; do we actually need the hostbots, since we can now host on MMH directly from Hive?

So when I was not able to join the bots noone would join me on MMH your answer was that the bots brought the community together and Soul replied to me "why would I join MMH when 90% of the ppl play on hb" and now you ask do we actually need em? Just go and pay man :D

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
So when I was not able to join the bots noone would join me on MMH your answer was that the bots brought the community together and Soul replied to me "why would I join MMH when 90% of the ppl play on hb" and now you ask do we actually need em? Just go and pay man :D
Wait, you ask *me* to pay for the hosting bots? I don't even play that much. XD

The thing is; I can funnel some patreon funds into the bot, but I'd still need to moderate and run them then... which is not something I have the time for. So...
@S0ul: if you are willing to moderate and run the bots, go ahead. I could do a paypal transfer to pay for a couple of months from the Patreon funds.

Level 10
I have no problem moderating the bots (i already am) and I was just going to pay for it myself, I just don't know HOW to pay for the bot on the lunaghost website. The interface is really dumb and not exactly user friendly

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
I have no problem moderating the bots (i already am) and I was just going to pay for it myself, I just don't know HOW to pay for the bot on the lunaghost website. The interface is really dumb and not exactly user friendly
Maybe you can ask some other bot users here in the help section? I'm pretty sure there is a number of makers here that do run their own bots.

Ira

Ira

Level 4
the most important thing is that the bot and gamenames remain (so he needs the same hosting service since they own the bots name right?)

Ira

Ira

Level 4
no changes in the bot status? still only the gaias dungeon bot running?

Level 10
I just purchased a new bot, but I'm in the process of trying to set it up and I am having some issues. Does anyone know how I should config the .cfg file so the bot loads the map correctly?

Level 10
Okay the new bot should be working, bot name is Gaias it hosts as Gaias ORPG #. So far it only hosts on USWest on battle.net and does not give any clan messages. I will be updating it over the next few days

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Okay the new bot should be working, bot name is Gaias it hosts as Gaias ORPG #. So far it only hosts on USWest on battle.net and does not give any clan messages. I will be updating it over the next few days
Great work man. I hope I can finish this soon so we can update the bot to 1.2C ASAP.

Ira

Ira

Level 4
So far it only hosts on USWest on battle.net and does not give any clan messages. I will be updating it over the next few days

Thats to bad. someone took my name for USWest and i dont want to start over again. hope you will get it to the other servers soon.

Level 8
s0ul added all the official realms. Just so he can get an idea of where the general player base is situated: vote here (where you have the lowest ping)

I've also set up the bot for eurobattle.net, for those who can't access official servers. Feel free to try it out and give feedback.

Last edited:
Level 10
In addition to the bot guys we also have this website:
http://gaias.lunaghost.com/

From this website you can check various things such as:
1. What games are currently being hosted & who's in the lobbys
2. Who plays the most on the bot (how many games/hours etc.)
3. Who, if anyone, is currently banned
4. Who the admins are

Enjoy!

Level 2
One question, it is hosting only 1 game atm? :<
I mean when there is already running game it will not create another?

EDIT

Im just retard who put wrong game name and miss game with awesome people, fml

Level 10
One question, it is hosting only 1 game atm? :<
I mean when there is already running game it will not create another?

Let's say the bot is hosting game: "Gaias ORPG #3" and it fills up an the game starts. game #3 will still be hosted and continue to be played by the players in the game, but the bot will autohost "Gaias ORPG #4" immediately after. I believe the bot will host up to 10 games simultaneously, which is more than enough in my opinion.

I never see the Gaias games in the game lobby on bnet. Dunno why; the bot seems not very aggressive in terms of making the game visible. In comparison, I always see the outdated dungeon bot in the lobby list...

Hmmm...that's odd. I never really had that issue, and I see new players joining/downloading the bot all the time, but I'll look into it. Although I don't really think the bot has any control over that, that's more on blizzard.

At the end of the day though, aside new players, I don't think it's the end of the world since you can always type /whereis gaias, /f a gaias, or even use the http://gaias.lunaghost.com/ website to keep track of games within the bot

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Hmmm...that's odd. I never really had that issue, and I see new players joining/downloading the bot all the time, but I'll look into it. Although I don't really think the bot has any control over that, that's more on blizzard.

At the end of the day though, aside new players, I don't think it's the end of the world since you can always type /whereis gaias, /f a gaias, or even use the http://gaias.lunaghost.com/ website to keep track of games within the bot
It was just an observation I've made. Maybe I was just unlucky. If you say that many new players join, then I guess everything is fine.

Level 8
Conversely, I can always see the new bot but have never seen the old farm/dungeon bots on the list. There's nothing we or the hosting service guys can do about it, it's up to battle.net RNG

Level 2
Let's say the bot is hosting game: "Gaias ORPG #3" and it fills up an the game starts. game #3 will still be hosted and continue to be played by the players in the game, but the bot will autohost "Gaias ORPG #4" immediately after. I believe the bot will host up to 10 games simultaneously, which is more than enough in my opinion.

Ikr, just put wrong gn (without orpg) and was confused :D

Level 10
The bot's now updated to 1.2c(3) sorry for the delay guys, didn't notice there was a new version out :D

EDIT: Zwiebel, is there anyway I can get this thread sticky'd to the forums so I can post updates about the bot or answer any questions people may have about bot problems or issues? both of the ones stickyed now are outdated

Level 7
Just throwing some ideas :)
Is it possible to show running games on this page: http://gaias.lunaghost.com/running/ ?
Currently it shows only lobby and loading maps. Active sessions disappear from this list shortly after game start.

Also it would be cool to show online graph. Just count all players in lobby and active sessions periodically ( every 5 mins for example ) and save to DB. It will be very convenient to find best time for a party search.

And can you modify hostbot files, or it provided as is and you can only change some configs? (i guess rules are here: https://www.lunaghost.com/ghost so source code mods allowed, but not guaranteed. Anyway it will require C++ programmer work)

Top Players list is empty at main page and there are "No posts" message in news (i guess) section. Can you do something with this?
Footer position based on content height looks strange nowadays, can you alter css and pin it to page bottom? And generic night elf background, maybe replace it with something Gaias related?
It's very cool that you maintain hostbot! Thank you for all the work you put in this.

Last edited:
Level 10
Thanks for the kind words! I like the suggestions you posted Alex, but unfortunately I do not have much access to a control panel on the statistic aspect of the hosting service. What's done on the site is done and can't be changed. I would check out this script that @DrizztDoUrden created:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/gaias-lobby-viewer.285369/
It's gone mostly ignored but does some neat things such as
Notification types implemented:
  • Amount of players in lobby
  • Game with specific player started.

Features that I will maybe add someday:
  • Showing games in progress.
  • Notification when any player joins.
  • Notification when player from some list joins.
  • Possibility to specify players via nick@server. Atm they are identified only by nick.

Level 2
Since yesterday the bot has not been hosting on eurobattle.net. Any chance this can be fixed? Thanks.

Level 8
I was a couple days late on doing the monthly renewal of the gaias account or whatever on eurobattle (what an annoying system). Thanks for reporting.

Level 1
Hello, i joined eurobattle.net but i dont see any bot games of gaias :) maybe you stopped creating it?

Level 1
why i cant join gaias room? i play via eurobattle.net... when i try join, its always says the game could not be found...

Level 1
so, i have this problem again... cannot join any gaias game... but can join any other map game just fine... anyone can help?

Level 10
Hey guys, what's up...Gaias ORPG #1 since yesterday. New versions kill the bot?!?
So the newest versions of Gaias require the map bypasser installed since it's past the 8mb limit wc3 allows. For this reason we are leaving the gaias bot as the last possible version without the bypasser. This is for players who do not have the bypasser will be informed about the new changes. As a result we have rented and started hosting a new bot in addition to the previous bot. This new bot is called GaiasGold. Simply type /f a gaiasgold on bnet and you'll see the new bot hosting for those with the bypasser. It hosts as games "Gaias 8mb+ #"

Level 10
I was informed the gaiasgold bot has been having issues staying connected on USWest and since the map size bypasser is no longer needed I have updated my bot (bot name gaias) to host the newest version 1.2c(18) again. It will continue to host games as gaias orpg #

Enjoy!