• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Haax! v1.32

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is for all you gmod and gmod idiot box fans out there! This spell lets you throw a computer at enemies dealing massive damage!
This also contains a Slow-Mo effect!

Credits to Goldwolf for the Computer model (http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/oinkercube-48153/?prev=search%3Dcomputer%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20) and to 4eNNightmare for the Finger of Death icon (http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/icons-541/btnfingerofdeath-162666/?prev=search%3Dfinger%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20)

v1.10: Fixed Unit groups, replaced wait with a timer, and reduced trigger loop from 0.01 seconds to 0.03 seconds.
v1.20: Now with MUI!!! Casting time reduced, no cooldown!!!
v1.21: Computer is no longer counted as a "worker".
v1.22: Fixed a floating text bug which occoured when Haax! kills a unit when another computer is active at the same time.
v1.32: I am really sorry for the bug that occured during version 1.21 and 1.22! It appears as if I forgot to save the map and then edited the map and uploaded it without noticing the bug, this is now fixed and the v1.20 Haax! is now back! This version also includes the changes made in v1.21 and 1.22 and also features a new -speed command which allows the player to set computer cast speed and also a special effect when the computer moves. Again, I am sorry!
Please comment and rate!

/Laserdude

Keywords:
Haax!,haax,hax,dr,dr.,dr.hax,doctor,doctorhax,power,computer,laserdude,instantkill,1337,lol,god,godlike,gmod,garry,garry's,garry'smod,mod.
Contents

Just another Warcraft III map (Map)

Reviews
12th Dec 2015 IcemanBo: Too long time as NeedsFix. Rejected. 20:29, 11th Aug 2010 hvo-busterkomo: The spells leaks, is not MUI, is inefficient even by GUI standards, and is impractical to use in a map.

M

12th Dec 2015
IcemanBo: Too long time as NeedsFix. Rejected.

20:29, 11th Aug 2010
hvo-busterkomo: The spells leaks, is not MUI, is inefficient even by GUI standards, and is impractical to use in a map.

Level 19
  • leaks unitgroups (first set them, then use them, then destroy them in this order)
  • can only be casted once (not MUI (MultiUnitInstanceable)
  • I dont like the idea
  • uses waits
  • loop trigger runs too often
  • unefficient coding

• Haax Cast
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Haax!
    • Actions
      • Set Caster = (Casting unit)
      • Set Degrees = (Facing of Caster)
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)) and do (Animation - Change (Picked unit)'s animation speed to 20.00% of its original speed)
      • Set AnimationGroup = (Last created unit group)
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup ( udg_AnimationGroup )
      • Unit - Add Slow-Mo to Caster
      • Unit - Create 1 Computer for (Owner of Caster) at (Position of Caster) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Set Computer = (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Add a 7.00 second Animate Dead expiration timer to Computer
      • Trigger - Add to Haax Kill <gen> the event (Unit - A unit comes within 50.00 of Computer)
      • Wait 5.00 seconds
      • Unit - Remove Slow-Mo from Caster
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)) and do (Animation - Change (Picked unit)'s animation speed to 100.00% of its original speed)
  • Haax Text
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads HAAX!!! at (Position of (Casting unit)) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 20.00, color (100.00%, 50.00%, 50.00%), and 0.00% transparency
      • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 64.00 towards 90.00 degrees
      • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
      • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 5.00 seconds
      • Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 3.00 seconds
  • Haax Move
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.01 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Computer_Point = (Position of Computer)
      • Set Computer_MovePoint = (Computer_Point offset by 2.00 towards Degrees degrees)
      • Unit - Move Computer instantly to Computer_MovePoint
      • Set Spin = (Spin + 1.00)
      • Unit - Make Computer face Spin over 0.00 seconds
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation ( udg_Computer_Point )
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation ( udg_Computer_MovePoint )
  • Haax Kill
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Not equal to (Owner of Caster)
    • Actions
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads 1337! at (Position of Computer) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 15.00, color (50.00%, 100.00%, 50.00%), and 0.00% transparency
      • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 64.00 towards 90.00 degrees
      • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 5.00 seconds
      • Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 3.00 seconds
      • Unit - Cause Computer to damage (Triggering unit), dealing 1337.00 damage of attack type Chaos and damage type Normal

Level 8
Rejected ! 1/5.

It's anappropriate spell and offends compter geeks :p lol.

I must admit the idea is kinda cool hehe :)

I guess you have never watched the gmod idiot box on youtube then...

• leaks unitgroups (first set them, then use them, then destroy them in this order)
  • can only be casted once (not MUI (MultiUnitInstanceable)
  • I dont like the idea
  • uses waits
  • loop trigger runs too oftenwaits
  • unefficient coding

• Haax Cast
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Caster = (Casting unit)
      • Set Degrees = (Facing of Caster)
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)) and do (Animation - Change (Picked unit)'s animation speed to 20.00% of its original speed)
      • Unit - Add Slow-Mo to Caster
      • Unit - Create 1 Computer for (Owner of Caster) at (Position of Caster) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Set Computer = (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Add a 7.00 second Animate Dead expiration timer to Computer
      • Trigger - Add to Haax Kill <gen> the event (Unit - A unit comes within 50.00 of Computer)
      • Wait 5.00 seconds
      • Unit - Remove Slow-Mo from Caster
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)) and do (Animation - Change (Picked unit)'s animation speed to 100.00% of its original speed)
  • Haax Text
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads HAAX!!! at (Position of (Casting unit)) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 20.00, color (100.00%, 50.00%, 50.00%), and 0.00% transparency
  • Haax Move
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.01 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Computer_Point = (Position of Computer)
      • Set Computer_MovePoint = (Computer_Point offset by 2.00 towards Degrees degrees)
      • Unit - Move Computer instantly to Computer_MovePoint
      • Set Spin = (Spin + 1.00)
      • Unit - Make Computer face Spin over 0.00 seconds
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation ( udg_Computer_Point )
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation ( udg_Computer_MovePoint )
  • Haax Kill
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Not equal to (Owner of Caster)
    • Actions
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads 1337! at (Position of Computer) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 15.00, color (50.00%, 100.00%, 50.00%), and 0.00% transparency
      • Unit - Cause Computer to damage (Triggering unit), dealing 1337.00 damage of attack type Chaos and damage type Normal

[*]leaks unitgroups (first set them, then use them, then destroy them in this order) - fixed

[*]uses waits - removed

[*]loop trigger runs too often - increased time

[*] can only be casted once (not MUI (MultiUnitInstanceable) - it can be casted infinite times..?

Last edited:
Level 8
This spell is of type "godlike" and should therefore only be used by one unit for each player at most, however, I will make a try at making it MUI, althought I have nearly no understanding of how it works.

This spell is of type "godlike" and should therefore only be used by one unit for each player at most, however, I will make a try at making it MUI, althought I have nearly no understanding of how it works.

Fixed MUI!
Found a very good tutorial on thehelper.net, for the timer MUI.
Also, the movement MUI system is made by me.

Video link to gmod idiot box "Haax" (an edited version of all the original movies) can be found here. Originaly linked to this thread by emo2love.

Last edited:
Level 14
It is a computer bacause its based on the "Haax swep" in Garry's Mod, which is a spell based on the movies "gmod idiot box".
I will make a command making you able to set the speed of ALL computers in-game.
I will see if there is some effects fitting this aswell.

I see why you find it funny xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PP50BPXi7D4

Soo funny!

Level 8
Ok, so this spell has been here for quite long, and when I made it, I did not know much about spell making. Now, however, I can do almost anything, so I figured, why not update this?

Tomorrow, I will edit this spell and create a brand new, leakless, one.
(I am going to use an Index to get some variation instead of using my normal way with Hashtables).

So, what I wonder is, if someone still reads this thread, if anyone has any wishes to what I might add to this spell.

This resource will be deleted once the new one is ready, since this one is allready rejected, and it is a completely different spell then the one I will make.

So, post here, or give me a VM or PM, and tell me any ideas you might have that I should add to this spell!

Please do not comment on anything related to this post, about the double posting or something else like that.
It will be deleted at the same time as I delete the resource.

EDIT: Deleted my post in this thread in order to remove the double posting, and since it was quite off-topic.