• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

H05 Caravan Suicide?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
I need your opinion on a question that has been troubling me lately.

This is about H05's optional quest. You know, the quest with the caravan, that spreads the plagued grain to four villages. If you can stop the caravan before it reaches the fourth village, you'll receive a Medallion of Courage and a Scroll of Town Portal. If you fail the quest, a third undead base will be constructed and start attacking you. Additionally, when a village is infected, it sends an attack against you.

Now, what I do every time I play this map is that I send Arthas with Level 3 Divine Shield to simply hit the Caravan as much as he can while Shielded. In two to three casts he will kill the Wagons, take the items and leave.

Now, don't you think this is somewhat... cheap?

Why I think it might be cheap is because you essentially evaded fighting four abominations, four ghouls and two necromancers. Also, you didn't take a point of damage. You've done the quest using 50-75 mana and in about three minutes, travel time included. (You should always get the Boots of Speed.) The aim of the quest would be to divert attention from the main quest, to put the players into a position where they either sacrifice defenses to destroy the caravan or let a third base get established in their back. (Also nullifying any attempt at expansion.)

On the other hand, this cheap tactic cannot be executed without sacrificing ability points. You'll always want to have maxed out Holy Light. If you also max out Divine Shield, like I do, you won't have Resurrection. You also can't get Devotion Aura, which could otherwise help you defend somewhat better.

So, what's your opinion? Can the special skill build requirement justify this strategy?

If not, the solution is obvious. The caravan guards suicide-attack against your base if the caravan is gone and they are still alive.

Level 12
McQvaBlood, you are an amazing campaign player, I'll tell you that.

You did evade a third base by using your BRAIN, not being cheap. I for example, didn't play it similarly to you. When the Caravans appeared I sent Arthas(Player 1) with some units to stop them, thus making it annoyingly hard for me to defend. The caravan guards shouldn't usually stay alive.

Your ability point sacrifice is worth the success. You deserve not to be annoyed by the caravan guards.

Level 21
I did the same thing, but I brought a little force with me because I had devotion aura and holy light maxed out instead of divine shield.
I also had some potions with me too heal myself when my mana got low.

Status
Not open for further replies.