• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gunner Drone

This is my first ever scratch model.
Animated by me
Rigged by EbonyStallion of chaosrealm

This model has been made for a map I'm making, Robot Wars.

This model has my first ever animations... so excuse me if they are crap :p

I don't really care what people do with it as long as I get some credit.

Update 28/08/2012
--------------------------------------
Fixed the wheel |
Minor fixes to the wrap |
Uploaded right one *facepalm* |
--------------------------------------

Keywords:
Robot, Drone, Guns, Gun, Gunner, Robot Wars, War, Wheel, Ranged, Electronic, Bot, Small, Unit, Systemfre1
Contents

Gunner Drone (Model)

Reviews
19:00, 28th Aug 2012 HappyTauren: The way you've mapped the texture looks terrible, shadows and highlights all over the place, where they shouldn't be. That being said, I really like the stand animation, and I think you could improve attack a bit, to...

M

19:00, 28th Aug 2012
HappyTauren: The way you've mapped the texture looks terrible, shadows and highlights all over the place, where they shouldn't be. That being said, I really like the stand animation, and I think you could improve attack a bit, to make some more bones move (to fit into wc3 better) though this is not mandatory.

-Grendel: cool looking bot 'ya got there. approved.

cool :p lemme check it

EDIT: okay.. the model has a lot of wrap issues, that could have been done a lot better, animations are little stiff, but they completely suit a robot, so that's a plus :)
the attack could maybe have a lill more flow, like those barrels spinning and firing.. and the walk is a lill strange, with one arm in front and on in the back

EDIT2: that wheel has some unneeded polygons, because black stuff constantly shows as i rotate the model around

Level 11
cool :p lemme check it

EDIT: okay.. the model has a lot of wrap issues, that could have been done a lot better, animations are little stiff, but they completely suit a robot, so that's a plus :)
the attack could maybe have a lill more flow, like those barrels spinning and firing.. and the walk is a lill strange, with one arm in front and on in the back

EDIT2: that wheel has some unneeded polygons, because black stuff constantly shows as i rotate the model around

Yeah... the wrap issues are hard to fix seen as the shapes I used wrap was different to where I thought it would be.

The animations are my first so I thought at least it'll be stiff like a robot xD

I like the barrel spinning idea :p I'll give it ago.

The walk looks awesome in game xD
it was based of the dudes who live in those domes in outland from WoW.

Ah yes, I shall fix the wheel this right away.

@Redclaw

Thanks.