1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Join the 6th Melee Mapping Contest for a chance to have your map featured in this year's Hive Cup!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Shoot to thrill, play to kill. Sate your hunger with the 33rd Modeling Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Do you hear boss music? It's the 17th Mini Mapping Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Let your favorite entries duke it out in the 15th Techtree Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Weave light to take you to your highest hopes - the 6th Special Effect Contest is here!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Drone

Submitted by Fingolfin
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
The Drones, commonly known as "Buggers", are a swarming insectoid race featured in the Halo series. While very fragile, they can easily overcome their enemies through sheer speed and numbers. They are capable of flight, but often lands while engaging for increased accuracy and presicion.

*The model includes an alternate animation set in which it flies - you can use it with the storm crow ability, if you put the animation tag "alternateex" on the flying unit.

*The eyes and blue rings on its shell will glow in the dark. It is possible to alpha out the blue rings in the texture if you want to use this as a normal insect. The flying animations could fit a spellcaster unit.

*Comes with attachment points for both hands and feet, head, weapon and chest.

*No weapons are included, you will have to attach these yourself. Just base an ability off "sphere", change "art-target" to the weapon model path, attachment points to "hand, left" (or both hands, if you want to), and give it to the unit. I also have separate gunflash models which have instructions in their respective missile threads. Here is a list of weapons made to go with this:

Needler
Needle Missile
Plasma Pistol
Plasma Round

UPDATE: Added origin and overhead attachments. The reason the two death sounds are different is obviously so that they would fit their respective animation. You cannot have a "thud" in an airborne explosion. They are both insect-like noises.

Keywords:
halo, covenant, insect, bugger, space
Contents

Drone (Model)

Reviews
15:30, 24th Jan 2014 Misha: pretty coolio, but.. 'origin' and 'overhead' effects cannot be seen right now and also.. why does the unit have two different death sounds for normal and alternate? O.o greatly done model, mate. approved
  1. 15:30, 24th Jan 2014
    Misha: pretty coolio, but.. 'origin' and 'overhead' effects cannot be seen right now
    and also.. why does the unit have two different death sounds for normal and alternate? o_O

greatly done model, mate. approved

2. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Ingame screens:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. Solu9

Solu9

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Great model!

2 points.
    1: During the stand 1,2 and 3 animation it is floating a bit
    2: During the walk animation it is on the other hand sunken a bit into the ground.

This is just based on the 3D viewer though.

4. Chen

Chen

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Great model, even it is futuristic and I don't like futuristic models so much.

5. Heinvers

Heinvers

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Normally i would detest futurist themes in Warcraft, but this is just awesome. Good job Fingolfin:)

6. Sellenisko

Sellenisko

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Lovely! 5/5

7. Bloody Wolf

Bloody Wolf

Resources:
    Resources:
    well cockroaches have evolved..... godamnit 5/5

8. sunshinex3

sunshinex3

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    omg ty, yes ty uploader Fingolfin, i'm NERDGASMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! O plz have a grunt in works.

9. SilverViper

SilverViper

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nein , wie geil :D Übelst geil geworden. Du bist mit 2 designenden Händen geboren und benutzt sie für gut gelungene Halo models :D find ich Klasse
    10/10 für dich und 10/10 für dein Model (nice , dass du auch noch ne laufende Variante gemacht hast :D)
    Leider "noch" nicht ingame getestet

10. Solu9

Solu9

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    ARG! Ze Germans are heir!

11. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Glad you liked it, though the only german i speak is the quote above my profile pic. I am swedish. :ogre_icwydt:

Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
  12. StarCrafty22

StarCrafty22

Resources:
    Resources:
    Awesome model!:goblin_good_job: there are many good halo models here, but there are some very important ones that still doesnt exist here, like the elites or grunts. Maybe brutes or some vehicles could be good.

13. smoopa

smoopa

Resources:
    Resources:
    Love this model so much!

14. SilverViper

SilverViper

Resources:
    Resources:
    Awesome Translation incoming: Epic model , and thx for the walking drone. :D

15. plakkoek

plakkoek

Resources:
    Resources:
    another fantastic model by you go on like this 5/5 could you make a model not from halo but a medieval one a templar?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
  16. sunshinex3

sunshinex3

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    no dont do that release the rest of the halo models you have, and make some flood building.

17. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Both medieval knights and halo models are coming, i assure you. Not sure about flood buildings though, i kinda oppose the idea of that. The elite is next on the line.

18. sunshinex3

sunshinex3

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    BuT WHY???

Why would you be opposed to the idea of flood buildings? Why??? :vw_sad:

Any who this is what I'm Trying to orchestrate. a custom races map(ww3 rules)
    that has 20 custom races.
    i wanna make each race unique and that's why i want the flood in their.

The story: zerg and flood used to live on the same planet, feeding off one another. A coalition of races known as the covenant from another world opened a portal to the flood/zerg planet in a matter of seconds the explorers were overwhelmed and as was the portal. Quickly, before the last of the explorers were taken they shut off the portal. To no avail the portal was reopened a year later by the flood that infested the explorers. The flood slowly spread to every corner of the planet trying to evade the Zerg that soon followed. With the planet over run, the covenant, through one final effort opened a portal to the great unknown, traveling the waist of beyond they eventually came to Azeroth.
    How every they were followed...

ok theirs the story the flood race is going to need.

buildings:
    a haunted gold mine
    a grave mind (town hall 3 tiers)
    one barracks building
    one alter
    one shop
    maybe a small flood pod, that i could use as a farm.

units:
    simple flood soldier stands on two legs and is melee
    flood ranged unit stands on 2 legs
    that one flood unit from halo 3 the infested hunter i think it had 3 forms one ranged but stationary one that resembled a hunter and one that resembled a strange medium sized dinosaur.

these models don't to be amazing.
    and sir you are amazing for responding to my desperate cries, thx for reading.
    also, you don't to make these, imagine if you did,..... oooo i get goose bumbs.

19. Ser_Fergus

Ser_Fergus

Resources:
    Resources:
    Because I mean, the flood aren't exactly famous for their construction. If you want my suggestion, attach the popcorn to a regular building. It looks surprisingly good, and fits with flood architecture.

Once again, the flood aren't famous for making unique things. The right attachments of infection forms with a little retexture can get you quite a pretty looking infected.

Anywho, pretty model!