• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Solved] (GUI User)WC3 crash on mystery!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
In soviet russia, this map CRASH on me! ... Whatever. -.-
At first time I fixed the easy crashes. The next time I had another random crashes who I barely fixed, or atleast reduced as much as possible. In this current version the map crashes in a lot more obvious way, but I just cant manage to find the problem at all! First I thought it was the new triggers, but then I saw that disabling them isnt making the map run with out crashing. I disabled by 1 or by 2 triggers and retested the map ... I really dont get what could cause this problem, I even followed some dud's "Maker" advices about leak control methods. I even rechecked EVERY trigger for loop mistakes as he mentioned ... Either WC3's GUI are interpreting now in a pretty wrong way, or Im blind to not see some obvious problem. -.- If you think its GUI problem, then I will have to jump to that jass seems.
Sorry for not posting specific triggers, but if I knew which trigger was the problem in, I would have fixed it by my self!
Click me!

I forgot to mention - the crash happens after the 60 seconds(start game). You can watch how the AIs fight for around 15-30 sec, and then the crash comes!

NOTE: I am GML advanced user. I have at least basic understanding with programming!

Level 6
I already did what you just asked. I have redid it even now just to see if I didnt miss some trigger on mistake. The only trigger which made the game run with out crash was disabling the "int" trigger ..., but with out this trigger - there is no game!

So far, I seen that the problem was when AIs enter the battle. I even disabled EVERY AI trigger all together, but that didnt fix the problem either. It makes me think that WC3 is too unstable for this mmo simulation Im trying to make. The other thing which comes on my mind could be the spell spam. I have NEVER played a map with such intense brutal fights and spell casting heroes in such quantity ... No idea what else could it be.

I was planning to make custom AI in the future, so I gave a last try before abandoning this project by disabling the blizz AI. The result was shocking - game was running with out crashing! So it wasnt the triggers, nor the wc3 engine. It was the so INCREDIBLE blizz AI who caused it all this time! I was kinda suspecting such behavior, since I noticed that with every new combat oriented object(units , abilities and buff) I was adding in the game, it got more and more likely to crash with the testings. I guess the blizz AI wasnt meant for such a messy fight. I guess I could try to find a way to not overload the AI so much,... or just have to jump now on working on my own AI for the spells.

I guess that means this is solved.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.