• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Map crash problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I have a problem, my map crashes very often, the first situation is where players hero is respawned somewhere, and when i double click his portrait the game crashes. It crashes with no reason too(it looks like this) but i guess that it crashes when a unit in map dies, beacause i have five triggers that are working with "A unit dies". Example:

• player cells respawn
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • ((Dying unit) is in (Units of type Cell (early))) equals YES
    • Actions
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Hero - Instantly revive (Dying unit) at (Random point in cell area 1 <gen>), Hide revival graphics
  • smaller cells respawn
    • Events
      • unit - A unit dies
    • conditions
      • ((Dying unit) is in (Units of type Smaller cell)) equals YES
    • actions
      • unit- Create 1 (Unit-type of (Dying unit)) for neutral - hostile at (Random point in cell area 1 <gen>) facing defaukt ble ble
there are 3 like this up here, for differents units

• all planets meat
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (((Dying unit) is in (Units of type Cell)) equals YES) then do (Itemt - Create cell parts at (Position of (Dying unit))) else do (Do nothing)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • IF - Conditions
          • ((Dying unit) is in (Units of type Cell (early))) equals NO
          • ((Dying unit) is in (Units of type Cell (late))) equals NO
          • ((Dying unit) is in (Units of type Cell)) equals NO
          • ((Dying unit) is in (Units of type Smaller cell)) equals NO
        • then- actions
          • item - Create meat at (Position of (Dying unit))
        • else - actions

this can crash the map? or 5 trigger that work on "A unit dies" crash the map? And why it crashes when i duble click the portrait of revieved hero? Pls help.

ps: i have posted the triggers again, thx for advice, but sry for language mistypes in triggers (in my version of warcraft, the WE is half polish half english, especially triggers and i have to translate some things)

Last edited:
Level 14
First of all, do the debugging yourself, keep an eye on cyclic trigger events (a trigger responding to a units death creating another unit and killing that one, for example).

Second, you can correctly copy the text of your triggers by selecting the whole trigger, pressing the right mouse button, and selecting Copy as Text.

Status
Not open for further replies.