• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sudden Game Crash on Attack Ground

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
inexplicablecrash.png

I found out just now that when I order a hero to attack ground with an artillery attack, the game immediately crashes with that error.

Now I have seen this kind of error before mainly whenever I have a trigger loop that somehow triggers itself such as event unit receives order attack ground, action order it to attack ground kind of loop, my problem is that I only just found out I had this problem now and I have a ton of triggers and no idea which one is the one looping. Is there any easy way to pinpoint the problem or will I have to go through all the triggers one by one until I find the one causing this? Or will have to just go through the likely candidates, turning them off one by one until I find the one causing it to bomb?

EDIT: While I wait for a reply I went though my triggers and I'm even more confused now since as far as I can tell I don't have any triggers relating to targetting points or attacking grounds.
EDIT EDIT: I tried setting another Hero to have artillery attacks and confusingly it didn't crash, so I'm trying to understand what it is about that one hero that makes the game crash on attack ground artillery and not another hero since they are basically identical.

FURTHER EDITING: I've narrowed it down specifically to an item ability based off of the Orb of Slow that fires an Archimond Finger of Death. I guess Orb of Slow just really doesn't like being artillery? Anyone know what I can do about this? I tried testing it with an actual Orb of Slow and it seems like that is the part having the problem, not the customness of it or the Finger of Death part.

Last edited:
Level 8
orb of slow places a buff on the target of the attack, so it's probably because attack ground has no target

you can try changing the targets allowed for the unit's attack

Status
Not open for further replies.