• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Attack Ground Trigger on Each Attack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Is there any way to fire a trigger each time a unit that is attacking ground does an attack? Since there is no 'Event - Unit attacks' to work from, god knows why, and since attack ground is not targeting a unit then 'Event - Unit Attacks' also doesn't work. Event - 'Order Targeting a Point' only works on the first shot and doesn't continue to trigger each attack of the attack ground.

One thing I tried was spawning a dummy when it is told to attack ground and then ordering it to attack the dummy instead so that I could use the event Unit is Attacked, but I was having trouble making it MUI because the event that is supposed to happen each time the other unit attacks causes the dummy to change positions, and while this works for one unit, if there are more then one attacking unit it only moves the last spawned dummy around every single time any of the units fire at their respective dummies, meaning the last spawned dummy jumps around constantly while the rest all sit still.

Level 9
That is also my problem before, but I solved it, and I want to share the trigger.:cute:

• <Name of the trigger>
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting a point
    • Conditions
      • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(attack))
    • Actions
      • <Your Actions>
Any questions??? Reply me if you have more questions regarding this.:grin::grin::grin:

That is also my problem before, but I solved it, and I want to share the trigger.:cute:

• <Name of the trigger>
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting a point
    • Conditions
      • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(attack))
    • Actions
      • <Your Actions>
Any questions??? Reply me if you have more questions regarding this.:grin::grin::grin:

This is inefficient. If your catapult for example is 8.000 range away and you order it to attack ground the target point, this trigger will fire up, even if it won't start attacking the ground. The best solution is a damage detection system.

Status
Not open for further replies.