• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Flying Units attacking Ground

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I need help triggering some flying units to land off when tehy attack ground uniuts, so they fly but require to get on the ground to fight
  • Bomber Attack
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting an object
    • Conditions
      • ((Target unit of issued order) is A ground unit) Equal to True
      • (Level of Bomber Type Unit for (Ordered unit)) Equal to 1
    • Actions
      • Animation - Change (Attacking unit) flying height to 75.00 at 75.00
      • Unit - Add classification of A ground unit to (Ordered unit)
      • Unit - Remove classification of A flying unit from (Triggering unit)
      • Unit Group - Add (Ordered unit) to Bombers
This is the initiation. When an flyier attacks. Apparently it does NOT work I may require a little help.
Events: I don't have a better idea.
Conditions: "Bomber Type Unit" is an dummy ability to help me identify multiple "bombers". I don't know how it works.
Actions: Hasn't functioned this far.
  • Bombers flies off
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order with no target
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is in Bombers) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Animation - Change (Triggering unit) flying height to 300.00 at 75.00
      • Unit Group - Remove (Triggering unit) from Bombers
      • Unit - Remove classification of A ground unit from (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Add classification of A flying unit to (Ordered unit)
Here I want to make it fly back when it is idle. Will this work?

Please help me if you know.

Level 13
First thing I see is that it's 75 at 75. Meaning it will go to Fly Height of 75 over 75 seconds. It won't change in any sort of visual way. Change the second 75 to a lower value like 0.8 or something.

Also, changing classification hasn't worked for me before to make them targetable as ground or air. Dunno why, but it doesn't. If you Add Classification: Ground to an Air Unit and remove Air Classification it will still be targeted as an air and not ground. No clue why. Someone else may be able to tell you better.

Alternative: If it's a unit, use Chaos. If it's a hero, use Morph. Change the unit-type that way.

Also try is Greater than 0 instead of is equal to 1.

Level 13
Well you could make it easy on yourself if you're not using all the resources and make it so that "Flying Units" are actually Undead Classification. That one can be removed and added and targeted as. Same with Mechanical and Tauren. I hear Sapper also works great for custom classification systems. Would be better than the Chaos method.

Level 13
Unfortunately no. You'd have to work with the classification system. I know enough about it to give you an idea of what's wrong but not enough to tell you how to create a brand new one by scratch. Some work well, others don't. It's a tricky business.

Best bet is to decide what classifications you need. Using ward, mechanical, and sapper are all very useful for doing what you want to do. From there change targeting options for attacks and classifications on the unit, as well as for spells. You'll likely have to go completely custom, but you never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.