• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[GUI]Poisonwave v1.3b[MUI] FINAL

Reactions: Aspard
Well after reading, looking and learning how spells are made from this site I decided to make my own custom ability. Made for a map that my team are making atm. First upload @ hive btw.

Shouldn't leak and should be mui, is atleast mpi.

Info:
A forcing wave of poison ripples out from the Dragon Queen, causing initial hit damage and also a small damage over time to enemy units in a line. In the end of the line, an explosion will happen, stunning nearby units for 1/2/3 sec. Slows all enemy units in the line by 30%.

Level 1 - 155 initial damage, 25 dmg per second over 2 seconds.
Level 2 - 310 initial damage, 35 dmg per second over 2 seconds.
Level 3 - 465 initial damage, 45 dmg per second over 2 seconds.
Doesn't damage mechnical units!

Read the "Read Me" and the trigger comments to see how you can change the ability. Tried to add documentation on every action.

And finally, I know the idea isn't so original but it was made for a "poison race" so had to have some poison stuff in it.

Credit if use this in your map bla bla bla
If any bugs found, please reply this topic or e-mail [email protected]

Credits to Callahan for cloudoffog model

Changelog:
v1.3b small line in the code fix

v1.3 Fixed MUI, now spell complete :)

v1.2 set the periodic timer to 0.10, made the level up ability to a starting ability, made passive information a starting ability. Made disbtn icon. Imported a model for the eyecandy. Now the test hero can attack air without the spell. Changed stun dummy ability for a better with nice effect. And yes I screw up the icon so I made one myself with same picture because couldn't find the path to the normal ability disbtn

v1.1 Remade the code aka triggers totally. Now it's a wave! Not a line. Fixed the sp bug by remakin the code. Saved the old triggers thought if ya wanna see how it looked before.

v1.0 spell released

Keywords:
poison, dragon, queen, mui, dps, stun, line, green,
Contents

Poisonwave v1.3b (Map)

Reviews
21:17, 22nd Sep 2009 Deuterium: A well done MUI GUI spell. I'd definitely advice anyone searching for such a spell to use this one. Again, I'd advice using a dynamic indexing system, but this one is just fine. Edit: Lol. Forgot to approve it.

M

21:17, 22nd Sep 2009
Deuterium:

A well done MUI GUI spell. I'd definitely advice anyone searching for such a spell to use this one.

Again, I'd advice using a dynamic indexing system, but this one is just fine.

Edit: Lol. Forgot to approve it.

Level 11
Lol, Drakosa123, nice review, I have just nothing to add!

About the spell:

I like the idea itself, unique and creative, many people here like to give marks for creativity :D It's also has a good prefomance, BUT!

• Can you please make it at least look like a wave? I mean, starting from the beggining and then another explosions appear, appear and appear. Not like a singe line spawned at one moment. However, it's your spell, that's my comment, you can not to take care of me at all, you see.
• I think you should improve the graphic part of the spell somehow, I mean - poison. These small explosions, which appear and disappear emmideatly spoils the whole impression of your spell.

In addition I'd like to say, that your spell descriptions and documentation rule! As far as the test-map itself. ;)

Level 13
The spell bugs. It creates a series of explosions or I think its an endless explosion till you cast the spell again on a distance far from the target point. And I don't think the spell is MUI nor MPI. I haven't clearly check the triggering yet. But nice try for your first upload. Its a simple spell. Just try to fix it. I'll try to check for some bugs if I'm not too busy with something. ^^

Level 13
We all do respect, But I did check. In the trigger with .10 seconds periodic event it uses a location that is not an arrayed variable. which means if another casters casts the ability the PC_CasterPoint variable changes location...
As he uses it in the special effects and picking of group:
  • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (PW_CasterPoint offset by 700.00 towards PW_Real degrees) using Objects\Spawnmodels\Undead\UCancelDeath\UCancelDeath.mdl
  • Set PW_TempGroup = (Units within 300.00 of (PW_CasterPoint offset by 700.00 towards PW_Real degrees) matching ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and ((((Matching unit) is Mechanical) Equal to False) and ((((Matching unit) is Magic Immune) Equal to False) and (((
Still even its only .10 seconds it can still cause a bug with its MUIness...
So don't disrespect other user from their job of reviewing a spell properly...
I didn't even tell you that you had a bad review because you didn't notice this...

So please do respect...

Level 22
First Comment =). It looks nice i will test it later.

Thank you :)

About the spell:

I like the idea itself, unique and creative, many people here like to give marks for creativity :D It's also has a good prefomance, BUT!

• Can you please make it at least look like a wave? I mean, starting from the beggining and then another explosions appear, appear and appear. Not like a singe line spawned at one moment. However, it's your spell, that's my comment, you can not to take care of me at all, you see.
• I think you should improve the graphic part of the spell somehow, I mean - poison. These small explosions, which appear and disappear emmideatly spoils the whole impression of your spell.

In addition I'd like to say, that your spell descriptions and documentation rule! As far as the test-map itself. ;)

Yeah, I've thought of it but I didn't get it in my head, I only got "wait" actions in my head and that ruins mui what I've seen from other comments. I'll look it up tomorrow.

Yeah I know the special effects are a bit small, maybe should remove and make a dummy with same sp model and scale a bit. But it's just an idea ya know.

Made the test map myself but for me, I thought it was to small but didnt had time to "remake" it :) Haha thought my documentation was a little bit to much but I got laze on some parts, like same actions but different comments ;) Thanks for the reply :grin:

The spell bugs. It creates a series of explosions or I think its an endless explosion till you cast the spell again on a distance far from the target point. And I don't think the spell is MUI nor MPI. I haven't clearly check the triggering yet. But nice try for your first upload. Its a simple spell. Just try to fix it. I'll try to check for some bugs if I'm not too busy with something. ^^

Found the bug you wrote about, casting the spell you create the undead shit sp offset from the last temp point and it wont stop, grrr

We all do respect, But I did check. In the trigger with .10 seconds periodic event it uses a location that is not an arrayed variable. which means if another casters casts the ability the PC_CasterPoint variable changes location...
As he uses it in the special effects and picking of group:
  • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (PW_CasterPoint offset by 700.00 towards PW_Real degrees) using Objects\Spawnmodels\Undead\UCancelDeath\UCancelDeath.mdl
  • Set PW_TempGroup = (Units within 300.00 of (PW_CasterPoint offset by 700.00 towards PW_Real degrees) matching ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and ((((Matching unit) is Mechanical) Equal to False) and ((((Matching unit) is Magic Immune) Equal to False) and (((
Still even its only .10 seconds it can still cause a bug with its MUIness...
So don't disrespect other user from their job of reviewing a spell properly...
I didn't even tell you that you had a bad review because you didn't notice this...

So please do respect...

Well I think I should make the temp point again and then create the sp at the temp point instead but thank you for finding it, will change it tomorrow.

And both of aren't bad testers!

Thanks for all comments, will fix tomorrow and update to the next version

Last edited:
Level 11
Your "Information" button in game doesn't have DISBTN by the way. =) However, I like how the wave itself performes now.

I'd like to suggest making "level up" skill a unit abilitie and remove it from learning, cuz since I learned "Poison Wave" first it took some time till I got the second level to level up :D

(I mean make it starting abilitie)

Still waiting for graphic improvements ^^

Level 22
Your "Information" button in game doesn't have DISBTN by the way. =) However, I like how the wave itself performes now.

I'd like to suggest making "level up" skill a unit abilitie and remove it from learning, cuz since I learned "Poison Wave" first it took some time till I got the second level to level up :D

(I mean make it starting abilitie)

Still waiting for graphic improvements ^^

Haha ya I know but that's not my fault isn't it? Blizzard icon :) Well I change it to something else.

Alright I'm on it.

3. Yeah I'm looking for a new model for the sp
thought of this one

CloudOfFog - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site

Tip, set the periodic timer to 0.10 aand it looks more awsome! :)

Level 14
baassee said:
Shouldn't leak and should be mui, is atleast mpi.

The first thing is correct, your spell got no leaks but your spell isn't MPI or MUI at all. Also the first time you cast your spell it lag, try to preload the effects/abilities in an init trigger. But apart from this two things the spell look pretty good.

Level 25
Nice spell^^
I see you are a fan of poison spells^^
It is missing a how to import part as far as i could see :p
Now the spells triggering:
The triggering is ok but it can always get better, for instance i never use points and then not destroy them in the same trigger.
When i need that point for something i store the points X/Y and create a new point from it^^
This may sound confusing but it is actualy faster if you use cordinates(read that somewhere) than point...
Also using cordinates allows you to remove points instantly, i think it doesn't leak this way but still it could be better...

Level 22
Nice spell^^
I see you are a fan of poison spells^^
It is missing a how to import part as far as i could see :p
Now the spells triggering:
The triggering is ok but it can always get better, for instance i never use points and then not destroy them in the same trigger.
When i need that point for something i store the points X/Y and create a new point from it^^
This may sound confusing but it is actualy faster if you use cordinates(read that somewhere) than point...
Also using cordinates allows you to remove points instantly, i think it doesn't leak this way but still it could be better...

hell yeah I am ;)

well didnt wanna start with x n y's now but prob in next spells, maybe my poison spell pack or something ... :)

hmm how to import missing ... thought I had one in the read me comment

Level 1
help me

:zip::zip::bored::bored::ugly::ugly::thumbs_down:
Lol, Drakosa123, nice review, I have just nothing to add!

About the spell: