• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

GUI MUI Missile System V1.03

This is a GUI-based Missile System.

This is a missile system which features many missile possibilities and the number of missiles is not limited (MUI).

Features:
100% flexible Missile manipulation,
MUI,
many possibilities to change the missile,
Easy importing (if you activated automatic variable copy),
100% correct facing while the flight (thanks to Eccho for his Dummy),
Easier way of manipulating the model just by the string of the model,
Changeable size of the Missile

For further informations on each function read the explanation 1 and 2 inside of the map.

-redscores

thanks to moyack for his parabola system, thanks to NiddHogg-kun for a bit help with the easier model changing and the size change and thanks to DSG for helping me with the ZFacing function!

UPDATE 1.02{Added the functions: HealAndDamageBoolean, Heal and Damage}
UPDATE 1.03{Works now correct on flying units (the missile adapts the flying height of the target unit overtime)}

Keywords:
Missile, System, MUI
Contents

MUI GUI Missile System V1.03 (Map)

Reviews
23:40, 8th Feb 2009 Hanky: Advice: 5 points are the highest rating and 1 point is the lowest rating. Documentation: 4 Visual Effects: - Triggering: 5 Idea: 4 Total: You could maybe add some documentation about how to import your...

M

23:40, 8th Feb 2009
Hanky:
Evaluation

Rating Points
Advice: 5 points are the highest rating and 1 point is the lowest rating.

Documentation: 4
Visual Effects: -
Triggering: 5
Idea: 4

Total:
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif

Rating Comment

You could maybe add some documentation about how to import your system. But else a really nice system, I didn't noticed a flaw till now. The triggering seems to be leakless and MUI. I just can highly recommend to use this system if you are searching something like this.
Advice: If you didn't understood my rating or if you maybe have questions because you don't know how to fix bugs or leaks etc. You can always send a private message to me. I will answer as soon I got time.

Level 21
What looks weird?

The Parabol thing? what the fuck... I thought you are so great... then tell me how I should fix the missile?

And I wrote whats wrong...

And this system is 100% optimized... I tried it with 125 missiles at the same time on my good PC, it lagged not much (from 50 to 35 fps still).

And I wrote those known bugs so someone may find a solution.

And just to tell you once again... if you think that I am a newbie, just search for me and look on the dates when my spells were entered, I am longer on this side as you...

Level 13
These are called arrays and I'd wonder if he need to give credits just because he uses a similar way of indexing like Paladon... should I credit Dynasti in every thing I write because I learned the most efficient way of using methods from him by reading his stuff? No... espacially when arrays are the only possibility if you want to have it MUI :)

Level 30
Not really, you should look at the GUI users in Thehelper.net, most users, like me, do use arrays.

He talked about this kind of indexing system, which is in fact not used by the greatest part of the userbase.

It´s everything arranged with redscores, and he credited me in the loading screen.

This system is very useful for a lot of users, i hope that the bug will be fixed soon.

Level 21
Finally all bugs are fixed and the missiles fly better as never before (especially the parabol missiles).

The System now needs not a bunch of dummys... just a string to put the model of the missile (thanks to NiddHogg-kun).

And you can manipulate the size of the missile! (thanks to NiddHogg-kun too).

Level 12
I bet it's nice, I've not downloaded it yet and taken a look, but the sheer fact that it is GUI is real turn-off to me.

Missile systems have been done a billion times, I don't bash people who make them at all, making one your own way is the only way to do it, and it is a terrific learning experience.

Aside from that, I don't think this is going to be as particularly useful as it is interesting to look at or used to learn from.

Level 12
I don't doubt its usefulness, and supporting 100 missiles on your computer is not the same as supporting 100 missiles on b.net

At the same time, GUI is just a pain, using code you can just type what you want done. I don't even know what you'd need to do with a GUI system that can handle 100 different types of missiles at the same time.

Level 12
:eekani:

Wait... did you guys just compliment him for calling me an idiot?

EDIT - I do tend to be hypercritical, and I s'pose I did offend you.

My apologies

Level 7
Cool great system, i was trying to make a system that looked quite similar. Was working on it quite hard till I realised I know almost nothing on how to code well. Needed a GUI system because for some reason, vJass will not work...

Level 1
awesome missile system redscores. Was looking for a GUI missile system since i cant do Jass at all lol :p and i pretty much stick with just basic GUI (yes lots of leak) since im a slow learner. definitely credit you when i upload my concept map. thanks alot.
+rep

Level 15
Question, How do I import this??? XD, do I just copy what's on it?
EDIT: Nvm, found out how to.
Excellent job on this system, I'm gonna use it for a map of mine, can it still be used for slicing through multiple enemies? or on hit shooting? The first question was because I might plan on adding a meltagun weapon to my map, the latter becuase I might plan on creating a game like WolfenStein.

EDIT: also, how do I use a imported model for the missile?

Last edited:
Level 4
y i understand, but i didnt find any another gui missile systems. Maybe someone know how to fix it. I set everything up correctly, everything works. But when there are a lot of them at the same time, some begin to fly to the center of the map. Maybe someone more experienced could look at the code and point out the error.

Level 21
y i understand, but i didnt find any another gui missile systems. Maybe someone know how to fix it. I set everything up correctly, everything works. But when there are a lot of them at the same time, some begin to fly to the center of the map. Maybe someone more experienced could look at the code and point out the error.

Actually, when I originally made this... I tested it with 1000 + projectiles at the same time. It caused minor lag but it never crashed.

Might be a problem with reforged. And as I am not anymore coding in the world editor, someone else might want to fix it for reforged.

Because I wont get into this again, reforged was supposed to act like the old world editor, but on the contrary it seems to be much less optimized and pretty unstable.

Not interested in getting such a whacko system anymore. Sorry!